Easy Giant Cookie Cake ~ Soft & Chewy!
Watch me make this giant cookie cake from start to finish!!
Cookie pizza, giant cookie cakes, whatever you wanna call them, they are delicious and so FUN to make! Have you ever received or purchased one? They’ll run you about $29.99 for a basic 12-inch. Add decorating and personalization and the price can really add up. Make them yourself and they will look better, taste MUCH better and you’ll be able to make several for the price of purchasing one. Oh, and they are easy!
I use to pass by them in the mall when I was a kid, wishing I could buy one or that someone would give me one. My mother surprised me on the last day of 4th grade with my very own homemade giant chocolate chip cookie cake. It was trimmed in purple and pink frosting and the middle said: “I’m so proud of you!”. I couldn’t believe that this huge cookie was all mine! I was in heaven, honey!
Ahhh that was a good day. I decided to surprise Isaac with his first giant cookie cake yesterday. When I told him it was all for him his face lit up and he said “Whaaaaat!!! All for me? Mommy, I love it!!!!!” Gosh, I love seeing that kid smile!
This giant chocolate chip cookie cake recipe is very similar to the m&m cookie bars but the texture comes out different, fluffier and chewier. My husband took one bite and said: “wow it really is like a cookie and a cake”.
I used all brown sugar in this giant cookie cake recipe to create a really light texture. It’s amazing how that simple little switch changes up the recipe. Cooking is so cool, isn’t it?
Take one of these giant cookie cakes to a party and you will be loved by all, especially the kids. There is just something about eating a big ol slice of cookie in pizza form that kids love. You can get really creative and throw in nuts, candy pieces, etc. and just let your imagination run wild with the decorating. Giant cookie ice cream cake anyone?
Top each slice with a dollop of vanilla ice cream and chocolate syrup and baaaaaby, things just got real!!!
Get the Recipe: Giant Cookie Cake
- 12 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips + more
- decorations, m&m's, frosting, sprinkles, etc
- Preheat oven to 325. F
- Line a 12-inch pizza pan with greased parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl cream together melted butter and brown sugar.
- Mix in eggs and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl whisk together flour, salt and baking soda.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, stirring until a soft dough forms.
- Fold in mini chocolate chips.
- Press dough evenly into prepared pan.
- Sprinkle additional mini chocolate chips on top. (optional)
- Bake for 13-15 minutes. (do not over bake. Remember cookie will continue to cook as it cools)
- Let cookie cool on pan until completely cooled.
- Once cooled decorate as desired.
- Serve plain or topped with ice cream!
Thank you so much for this easy, DELICIOUS recipe. I made this on Saturday for my daughter’s 11th b-day party. All of the guests raved and were surprised how chewy, but not “fall aparty” it was. So yummy, I told them where I got the recipe. 🙂
Thank you for this recipe! My son’s 13th birthday is Saturday & he really wanted a cookie cake. Of course, they’re SO expensive, like you said. I can’t wait to make this for him!
I make them all the time people love it great recipe
From the first time I tried this recipe I fell in love. It’s so good and soft and so versatile love this one Monique ????????????????
I made this for a birthday celebration and it turned out perfect. It’s soft and chewy with a great flavor. I followed the recipe exactly and it was easy and quick to make.
I’ve made this several times and it turns out perfectly! I’ve done it in a giant cookie, plate sized cookies and regular small cookies. Obviously the baking time had to be adjusted for each but I love how soft and chewy it comes out! Every. Single. Time!