“All from scratch Fruit Pizza! Chewy sugar cookie crust, cheesecake spread and fresh fruit! Homemade fruit pizza recipe that’s easy and delicious!”
Watch me make this Homemade Fruit Pizza from start to finish!
Spring is here!!!! I love love love Spring. Yes I have to make that declaration every year! Normally I’m counting down the days for it to come but this year it snuck up on me. I’ve been so busy with so many things that I totally forgot about my second favorite season!
I’m so doing a bomb.com vegetable garden this year. I know that was random, but I just had to put that out into the universe because I fail every year! This year will be different!!
Do you garden??
To celebrate the upcoming beautiful, bright colors of Spring I made this delicious fruit pizza! Doesn’t this just scream Spring to you? I wish you could hear the “Look what mommy made!” comments from my boys everytime I make one of these.
They are always so impressed like I just created some work of art. I guess it really is a work of art though huh? I mean, just look at those gorg colors! If you’re artistic like that, you really could go all out. Design is not one of my talents.
Have you ever had a dessert fruit pizza? They are are so good!! But I guess what’s not to love about a chewy sugar cookie crust, a creamy cheesecake-ish spread, and mounds of fresh fruit!?!
Fruit pizzas are the perfect end to a Spring dinner and even makes a pretty impressive centerpiece for the dessert table.
When it comes to making fruit pizzas I never use the same pattern and I usually change up the fruits. I had planned on using pineapples in this one but as I created my fruit design I just really loved the contrast of the red, blue and green. They seemed like just enough.
For this fruit pizza, we’re making our own whipped cream instead of using Cool Whip, as well as making one heck of a homemade sugar cookie crust! Of course you could cheat and buy Cool Whip and a tube of sugar cookie dough, but trust me, this homemade version is amazing!
Everyone always comments on the crust!! That sweet, chewy, buttery tasting crust!! The key to getting the perfect sugar cookie crust is to chill it before baking and under bake it slightly. Then once it cools completely it is super chewy on the inside and crisp on the outsides.
Fruit Pizza Recipe
SUGAR COOKIE CRUST
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- ½ cup butter softened (1 stick)
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon almond extract optional
- 2½ cups all purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar divided
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 lb strawberries
- 4 kiwi
- 6 oz blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Line a pizza pan with a precut circle of parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl cream together sugar, butter and cream cheese just until combined.
- Mix in eggs, vanilla extract and almond extract if using.
- Mix in flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt until a dough forms.
- Knead the dough a few times if needed to incorporate the dry ingredients better.
- Press dough evenly into prepared pan.
- Chill in the freezer for 1 hour or in the fridge for 3 hours or overnight. (Don't skip this step or the cookie will spread as it bakes. The dough MUST be super chilled. I always do the fridge overnight)
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until edges are lightly golden. (Do not over bake. It's perfect if the cookie is slightly undercooked because this makes for a chewy cookie once it is cooled)
- Let cool completely.
- To make the cheesecake spread, add heavy whipping cream, 1/2 cup powdered sugar, and vanilla into a bowl.
- Mix until fluffy cream forms with stiff peaks. Set aside.
- In a large bowl mix the cream cheese and 1/4 cup powdered sugar.
- Very gently mix in the whipped cream just until it is well combined with the cream cheese.
- Spread cheesecake mixture evenly over cooled cookie crust.
- Refrigerate until firm (about 3 hours. I usually stick it in the freezer to speed up this time)
- Decorate with desired fruit.
- Store in the refrigerator.