It’s Wednesday but it’s already been one of those crazy weeks. I’ve been super moody and everything and everybody has been annoying me for no reason at all. Even my chihuahua is getting on my nerves with her constant whining and needing stuff in the middle of the night!
I recognize these symptoms, it’s my body’s way of telling me that I need to do something for MYSELF!!!! And today I did just that!
It started with this homemade frozen mudslide!!! My gawd I love these things. It’s like an instant good mood in a glass. Cold, frosty, sweet and addictive!! I can’t help but smile while I’m drinking one of these.
My husband makes great mudslides but I must say I like my version better! The homemade whipping cream topping is so light and the perfect topping for a homemade mudslide. Cool whip doesn’t do it justice!
Well after lounging outside while sipping my mudslide, I took me a nice hot shower, gave myself a full pedicure, cucumber clay facial, and took an amazing cat nap.
Now I’m 100% recharged & refreshed!! Now that I’m back to my normal self everybody is happy lol.
Make this. Today.
Watch me make this Frozen Mudslide recipe from start to finish!
My FAVORITE Frozen MudSlide
By Divas Can Cook
- HOMEMADE WHIPPED CREAM
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream (I love slow churned)
- 1-2 oz Kahlua
- 1-2 oz Irish Cream
- chocolate syrup
- (can add ice if you prefer a less creamy texture)
- To make the whipped topping, add heavy cream to a chilled bowl.
- Beat on high speed and gradually add in powdered sugar.
- Continue beating until mixture is light and fluffy.
- Place into the freezer until ready to use.
- Add ice cream into a blender.
- Add in Kahlua and Irish Cream.
- Blend until creamy.
- Swirl chocolate syrup around glass.
- Pour in mudslide.
- Top with whipped cream and garnish with chocolate syrup and mini chocolate chips if desired.