Watch me make this fresh strawberry cobbler from start to finish!
Strawberry season is here!!!! Ok maybe I’m almost a little bit late here in NC but either way now is the time to take advantage of all those fresh, juicy, sweet strawberries that are on sale. My husband got me a big container full of strawberries and immediately I started thinking about ways to use them. We ate our fair share of fresh strawberries, made a quick berry salad, froze some for smoothies and now it’s fresh strawberry cobbler time!!
Cobblers are the best desserts ever. That golden, crisp top layer, the fluffy underside and then that sweet, gooey fruit. Never had a cobbler? If you like fluffy strawberry muffins fresh from the oven then you are gonna love this strawberry cobbler. I mean, essentially that’s kinda what cobbler is only better. Once I get my hands on some fresh berries I normally always make a cobbler, it’s been a long time since I’ve had a strawberry cobbler though so I was super excited.
You gotta love the fact that they are so easy to throw together. I usually always have the ingredients on hand to whip up a cobbler for dessert. Coupled with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and everyone is happy.
I always remember to double the crust mixture when it’s too late. That crust part is the best part of the cobbler in my house.
Fresh Strawberry Cobbler
- 3 cups fresh strawberries diced
- 1/2-3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 stick butter melted
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a medium bowl, add strawberries and 3/4 cup sugar.
- Stir to coat strawberries in sugar and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Add in milk, vanilla extract and melted butter.
- Stir until combined. A few lumps are ok.
- Grease a 15 oz casserole dish.
- Pour batter evenly into dish.
- Spoon strawberries evenly on top of batter. Do NOT stir.
- Baked for 35-40 minutes or until golden. (may need to adjust time if using a differnet size dish)
- Serve warm or cold.
Any kind of berry can be used.
Be careful not to over stir batter too much. A few lumps is best.
Feel free to cut down on the sugar.