I remember making sloppy joes a lot when I first had my son. You know how you can get into a rut with making the same dishes every month? Well I made sloppy joes several times a week. I don’t know what was wrong with me. My poor husband never complained.
|Homemade sloppy joes are so easy to make!|
Fast & Easy Sloppy Joes
- Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb ground turkey or beef
- 1/2 onion diced
- 2-4 teaspoons liquid smoke
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup Smokey barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 dashes of Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tablespoons celery flakes
- 1-2 teaspoons Lawry's garlic pepper seasoning blend
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add in diced onions. (You may also add in some chopped green bell pepper; fresh minced garlic and a diced celery stick to enhance the yumminess.)
- Stir in ground turkey.
- Add liquid smoke while the meat is cooking.
- When done, drain off the fat if needed.
- Pour in tomato sauce, bbq sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and celery flakes.
- Let simmer uncovered for sauce to thicken.
- Stir in Lawry’s garlic pepper seasoning.
- Place between two fresh, buttered and toasted potato buns.
CHOOSE GOOD BREAD!!
I don't care how good a sloppy joe mixture is, if it's served on crappy bread then it sucks!!! Use good bakery bread. Potato buns work well. Spread on a little butter and toast them lightly. Then spread on some mayo, mustard and ketchup. HEAVEN I tell ya!!!