I’ll tell ya, a big ol’ frosty pitcher of strawberry pina coladas! Or lava flows as some folks call them. Doesn’t this drink just scream, “Fun & Relaxation”?
One minute I was sweating it up doing back breaking labor and the next I was swept away on my own tropical island.
People….I have absolutely no words to describe how amazingly delicious this strawberry pina colada tastes!
Ok I lied, I have so many words!!! Omg if you like pina coladas and strawberries then you HAVE to make this!
Imagine perfectly frosty, sweet pineapple coconut flavors intertwined with ribbons of tart strawberries. The flavors simply belong together.
Last summer might have belonged to the wine slushes on this blog but I hereby dedicate summer of 2015 to the strawberry pina colada!
Matter of fact, since this drink is so customizable I’m already planning peach pina coladas and chocolate pina coladas! And for the 4th of July, well hello there Mr. Blueberry Strawberry Pina Colada! Somebody stop me! This kinda stuff makes me happy!!
I decided to leave out the alcohol that time so that my boys could have some but feel free to throw in a hefty splash of rum for your troubles!
Creating these strawberry pina coladas are a breeze! For starters, there’s no need to juice a fresh pineapple. Using DOLE® Canned 100% Pineapple Juice delivers all the naturally exotic and refreshing flavors of a fresh cut pineapple.
I was so happy when Dole asked me to create a recipe post because I use DOLE Pineapple Juice a lot here on Divas Can Cook. It’s a pantry staple because it’s so great in drinks, marinades, plain, and it’s an awesome substitution for orange juice!
One of my favorite ways to use up left over DOLE Pineapple Juice is to freeze it in ice cube trays. Then I just pop them into drinks to keep them cold while also adding some unique flavor. So good!
Well so much for cleaning house and unpacking boxes. After we downed almost the entire pitcher of strawberry pina coladas we were way to full to continue working.
Instead we lounged around on the breezy porch laughing and chatting the afternoon away! And of course drinking more strawberry pina coladas. It was a great day!
Go ahead and give yourself a great day as well by whipping up these easy strawberry pina coladas!
Easy Strawberry Pina Colada Mocktail
- 12 oz. frozen strawberries in syrup slightly thawed
- 2 cups DOLE Canned Pineapple Juice
- 15 oz. cream of coconut
- 1/2 cup half and half
- In a blender, puree strawberries. (add a bit of water if needed)
- Place pureed strawberries in a bowl and set aside.
- Rinse out blender and set aside.
- In a pitcher, stir together pineapple juice, cream of coconut, and half in half.
- Pour pineapple mixture into blender.
- Fill blender with enough ice so that it comes to the same height with the pineapple mixture.
- Blend until slushy in texture.
- To serve, add about a 1/2-1 inch of strawberry puree to the glass. Pour the pineapple mixture into the center of the glass.
- If desired, gently swirl the mixture to create more defined streaks.
- Serve immediately.