“Made from scratch, moist, fluffy pumpkin spice cake recipe with cinnamon cream cheese frosting. Easy to make recipe and perfect for the holidays!”
I’ve been wanting a homemade pumpkin spice cake with cream cheese frosting all week! My grandmother makes the best from-scratch pumpkin spice cakes and sells them around the holidays. She even uses her own fresh pumpkin puree. (Here’s the recipe for homemade pumpkin puree incase you want to give it a try )
However since Grandma Barb is 2 1/2 hours away in the snowy mountains, my only option was to get my hind parts into that kitchen and make one myself! Thankfully this pumpkin spice cake recipe is crazy easy and the results are worthy of any bakery in my opinion.
If you’ve been looking for a homemade pumpkin spice cake recipe that’s moist, fluffy, and packs in all that old fashioned pumpkin flavor then here ya go! Oh don’t mention it, you’re more than welcomed!
Just be prepared for that delicious pumpkin spice aroma to float throughout your house, totally teasing you while this cake is baking. It’s heavenly. I topped this pumpkin spice cake with an easy cinnamon cream cheese frosting.
I have several cream cheese frosting recipes on my site so take your pick. Some nuts would have made this pumpkin cake sing from the rooftops. I didn’t have any though. So it didn’t sing. But gosh is this thing GUUUUUUD!!
Watch me make this Easy Pumpkin Spice Cake w/ Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting from start to finish!
Pumpkin Spice Cake w/ Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
- 3 cups all-puprose flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1 ⅓ cups white sugar
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter softened
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin spice
- 1 ½ cup buttermilk
- 15 oz. 100% pure pumpkin canned
CINNAMON CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- 2 8 oz packs cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter softened softened
- 1 teaspoon heavy whipping cream
- 4 cups powdered sugar sifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- cinnamon as much as you like. Can also use pumpkin spice
- Preheat oven to 275 F.
- Grease and flour 3 round ( 9-inch) cake pans. Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl cream together sugars and butter.
- Beat in each egg one at a time.
- Fold in vanilla and pumpkin spice.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, alternating with the buttermilk.
- Fold in pure pumpkin.
- Pour batter evenly into the cake pans.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes (check it at 25 minutes) or until toothpick inserted in center comes out with moist crumbs attached. (do not overbake. Cake will continue cooking while it cools)
- Let cake sit in pans for 5-10 minutes before removing and placing on a cooling rack to cool completely.
- While cake is cooling make the frosting.
- Cream together cream cheese, butter and heavy cream.
- Mix in powdered sugar a little at a time until creamy.
- Fold in vanilla and cinnamon.
- Frost cooled cakes.