“Learn how to make easy funnel cake bites at home! Crisp on the outside, fluffy on the inside. Even better than funnel cakes! Three awesome dippings sauces!”
I hereby announce that funnel cake bites are way better than regular funnel cakes. Let it be done. Let it be written. Amen. Jesus wept.
In all seriousness though guys, funnel cake bites gave me life, hopes and dreams this weekend! I made up a big old batch of these golden, fluffy, goddess nuggets, blanketed them in powdered sugar and had to stop myself from eating more than ten. I only had twelve.
I LOOOVE funnel cakes! Especially when they are piping hot out the oil and still have that slight crisp to the outside. Somebody should seriously learn how to make these things healthy because they are losing money big time! These funnel cake bites are so light and fluffy that it almost seems unfair.
And then I had the nerve to make three different dipping sauces to go with them. SMH. I knew better. I really did but I did it anyway.
So now I must share this with you all. It’s always better to get in trouble with somebody else.
If you want to experience a little bit of joy then you have to make these. Pick a rainy day when you already feel ugly and bloated and just say to hell with it (I may or may not have done this). Make up the entire batch, find a good movie and sink your teeth into these amazing funnel cake bites. You deserve it, simply for being awesome.
You’ll probably wonder why you haven’t tried these sooner. And then you’ll probably wonder why they don’t sell these at the fair . They’re much easier to eat, portable, and so doggone cute!!
My boys were amazed that they turned into rubber duckies as they cooked and totally thought they were chicken nuggets lol. I kinda like that they just take on whatever shape they choose. Once I brought out the dipping sauces my little guys was over the moon! Kids LOVE to dip and I have to admit, it was kinda fun having a variety.
These funnel cake bites taste AMAZING simply dusted with powdered sugar. But because I was feeling
greedy bored creative, I decided to make up some yummy funnel cake dipping sauces.
I made strawberries and cream, cinnamon roll glaze, and birthday cake batter. These are super simple and quick dips. Nothing fancy to take to a party or anything.
You could even do what they do at Carnivals and crack open a can of spiced apples, blueberries or strawberries to dunk them in. Or even melted chocolate. Oh or even Nutella. Omg no I got it…sliced bananas with melted peanut butter and chocolate syrup!!! Sweet Geezus!!
Ok let me calm down before I find myself back in the kitchen with a another batch of funnel cake bites!
Watch me make these Easy Funnel Cake Bites & 3 different dipping sauces from start to finish!
Funnel Cake Bites
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 tablespoons butter melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar optional
- 2 cups milk I used almond milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour sifted
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Canola oil for frying
- powdered sugar
- In a large bowl whisk together egg, oil, butter, vanilla extract, milk and sugar (if using)
- Gently stir in flour, baking powder and salt.
- Stir until flour is combined. Batter will and should be a little bit lumpy.
- Heat oil on med-high in a deep skillet.
- When oil is hot, do a test by dropping a bit of batter into the oil. (The batter should begin to fry calmly instantly. If it smokes, sputters or browns quickly the oil is too hot)
- Use a mini ice cream scoop and scoop out the batter and drop it into the oil. (work quickly and be careful not to crowd the batter)
- Fry until golden on both sides.
- Removed from oil and place a paper-towel lined plate.
- Sprinkle generously with powdered sugar.
- Eat immediately.
Cinnamon Roll Glaze Dip
By Divas Can Cook
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Add all ingredients to a bowl.
- Stir to combine.
Strawberries & Cream Dip
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons fresh strawberries finely mashed
- Freeze beater and glass mixing bowl until chilled
- Add heavy cream and powdered sugar to the chilled bowl.
- Beat until liquid turns into fluffy cream with stiff peaks.
- Gently fold in strawberries.
Birthday Cake Dip
- 1/2 cup whipped topping
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 cup yellow cake mix
- Add whipped topping, vanilla yogurt and cake mix to a bowl.
- Stir vigorously to combine. (may need to use a mixer)
- Add in as many sprinkles as you like.