Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup
“Easy creamy chicken noodle soup recipe loaded with chunks of chicken, onions, carrots, celery, fresh parsley, noodles and garlic in a savory, creamy broth. Even more comforting than regular chicken noodle soup!”
This fresh, easy, creamy chicken noodle soup is quickly becoming my favorite. Every year I tend to crave a particular soup all season long. Last year it was broccoli cheddar soup and this year it’s creamy chicken noodle soup. I’m ashamed to say how many times I’ve made it. We can’t seem to get enough of it around here and it’s a true winner since Isaac & Ethan likes it.
This creamy chicken noodle soup comes together so easily too especially when you cheat and use leftover rotisserie chicken. I’ve been so busy lately that I’ve been cheating a lot with Targets rotisserie chickens. We always have leftovers so I whip up this soup to get rid of it.
If you thought regular homemade chicken noodle soup was cozy and comforting then wait until you taste his luscious, creamy cousin. This creamy chicken noodle soup is full of all the fresh flavors of homemade chicken noodle soup like chunks of chicken, carrots, celery, onions, garlic, fresh parsley and noodles but with a creamy twist.
If you normally love cream based soups then you MUST try this one. I knew I was going to fall in love when I first made this soup because I can never resist a creamy style soup (um heeellllo creamy cheeseburger soup)
This is pure comfort food so don’t go asking me about calories and thang. I’m not sure I want to know since I’ve had many, many…. many bowls. Lord help me. If you’re looking for an easy, quick, filling and delicious dinner to make on a crisp fall or winter evening then this is what you want honey!
Watch me make this creamy chicken noodle soup from start to finish!
Get the Recipe: Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup
- 3-4 carrots, diced
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 3-4 celery stalks, diced
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 7 cups chicken broth, I used Better Than Bouillon chicken soup base
- fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 cups egg noodles, dry
- 1 lb chicken, cooked and diced
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a large pot, melt 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Add carrots, onions and celery and sauté until tender.
- Add in chicken broth and fresh parsley.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add in noodles and cook until noodles are tender, about 7-8 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- In a saucepan over medium heat melt butter.
- Stir in flour and whisk constantly for about 1 1/2 - 2 minutes.
- Slowly pour in milk, whisking constantly.
- Stir in heavy cream and bring to a light boil.
- Boil lightly until sauce thickens, continue stirring.
- Pour sauce into chicken noodle soup and stir until combined.
- Add in cooked diced chicken.
- Season with salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve immediately.
- Garnish with chopped fresh parsley.