Oh man, I can’t even tell you how excited I was to create this boozy post! I get reeeeal happy when things involve cocktails. Is it just me or do cocktails make everything “funner”? Especially when they are colorful, fruity and come in various forms.
Today we are doing cocktails three ways baby, all inspired by Simply Beverages new line of juice drinks! We’re going to be whipping up Mixed Berry Margarita Jello Shots, Tropical Tequila Sunrise Popsicles and Fruit Punch Daiquiris. Heyyyy party over here!
When Simply Beverages asked if I’d like to sample and review their new juice drink flavors it was a no brainer. I was all like …”uhhh heck yeah!” I’ve already told you guys how obsessed I am with that darn addictive Simply Blueberry Lemonade right? Well the new flavors are Tropical, Mixed Berry and Fruit Punch- all flavors are made with simple ingredients, real fruit juice with no preservatives, color, or artificial flavors. I was super anxious to be the first to get my paws on these.
The juice drinks arrived at my doorstep already perfectly chilled and ready for sampling. My family and I gathered around for an impromptu juice tasting party! The winning flavor in our house: All of them!
With that first sip I was expecting to be hit with the sweet, bold, POW, in your face type flavor that I’ve come to expect and love from Simply Beverages. Instead I was pleasantly surprised at just how light and crisp these new juice drinks were. They are perfect to throw into an afternoon/evening cocktail.
Shall we? Let’s go!
Tequila Sunrise Popsicles
First up is this recipe for Tropical Tequila Sunrise Popsicles using Simply Tropical. This flavor is my husband’s favorite which wasn’t surprising since he lives for the Simply Pineapple Orange. The Tropical flavor has a really nice pop of mango with hints of pineapple.
Very light and refreshing. In this popsicle recipe it replaces regular orange juice, giving them a delicious tropical flavor. The texture of these popsicles are fantastic thanks to the frozen pineapple. Summer time can’t come quick enough because these bad boys will definitely be poolside this year.
Mixed Berry Margarita Jello Shots
Next we have Mixed Berry Margarita Jello Shots using Simply Mixed Berry. This is my favorite flavor!! I had so many ideas flowing through my head on how to use this delicious juice in a cocktail. I ended up having to purchase two more bottles during my recipe testing because I kept drinking it all. I made mixed berry spritzers and sangrias which were great but I decided to go with a fun jello shot! I seriously could not stop eating these little cuties and wow do they pack a punch. Be careful! They are fun enough for a girls night in and classy enough for a bridal shower brunch!
Fruit Punch Daiquiris
Last we have Fruit Punch Daiquiris using Simply Fruit Punch. This was Isaac & Ethan’s favorite. I think all kids love fruit punch anything right? I can’t wait to use this juice in my classic fruit punch recipe in the future. It’s super fruity! I decided to make some frosty fruit punch dairies with it this time. I omitted the rum so the boys could have some and they loved it!
Frozen Fruit Punch Daiquiri, Tequila Sunrise Popsicles. Mixed Berry Margarita Jellow Shots
- Tequila Sunrise Popsicles
- 1 cup pineapples chunk
- 1 cup Simply Tropical Juice Drink
- 1/4 cup tequila
- grenadine 1 tsp per each possible
- Mixed Berry Margarita Jello Shots
- 1 cup Simply Mixed Berry Juice Drink
- 3 Tablespoons raspberry jello could also use other berry flavors
- 3 Tablespoons lime jello
- 1/2 cup triple sec
- 1/4 cup tequila can cut back if desired
- 1/4 cup club soda
- Fresh raspberries and blackberries
- Fruit Punch Daiquiri
- 3 cups frozen mixed fruit I used peaches, strawberries, grapes, blueberries, mango, pineapple, raspberries and blackberries
- 3/4 cup frozen limeade concentrate
- 1/2 cup Simply Fruit Punch Juice Drink
- 1/4 cup rum
- Powdered sugar to sweeten if needed (I didn't need any since my fruit was really sweet)
- 1-2 cups ice.
- Tequila Sunrise Popsicles
- cup pineapples chunk
- cup Simply Tropical Juice Drink
- /4 cup tequila
- grenadine (1 tsp per each possible)
- Mixed Berry Margarita Jello Shots (makes 24)
- In a large bowl microwave juice until boiling.
- Stir in jello until completely dissolved.
- Let cool.
- Stir in triple sec, tequila and club soda.
- Pour mixture into portion cups. (It's easier to pour the mixture into a large glass measuring cup first)
- Place a blackberry and a raspberry into each portion cup.
- Refrigerate until firm.
- Fruit Punch Daiquri:(serves 2)
- Add all ingredients to a blender except for the ice.
- Puree until smooth.
- Add in ice and crush until you reach a slushy consistency.
- Pour into chilled glasses.
- Serve immediately.
There you have it, an excuse to try out some delicious cocktail recipes and Simply Beverages new juice drinks! And when you do, feel free to invite me over!
Have you tried Simply’s new juice drinks yet? If so which is your favorite?