“Moist, fluffy cookies packing all the flavors of homemade carrot cake and chewy oatmeal cookies! These easy carrot cake oatmeal cookies drizzled with white chocolate are simply irresistible.”
Do you all remember when I made these amazing banana oatmeal cookies? Gosh I still love those things! But as I was eating them recently I thought “dang I bet this would make a really good carrot cake cookie”. It had all the fluffiness of a carrot cake and the taste was almost the same, just needed to throw in some carrots and increase the cinnamon. Easy fix right?
I did just that and it resulted in some pretty darn easy carrot cake oatmeal cookies! I wish all recipes where that simple. My husband and the boys are CRAZY about these little cookies!
Let me be honest with y’all though, when I had my first bite right out of the oven I was all like “hmmm…nah I probably won’t list this on the blog.”
I drizzled them with white chocolate and went on about my day. My husband comes in and says “ohhh cookies!” I quickly tell him not to get his hopes up because they are kinda…”blahish”.
He took one bite and said “oh my God…. these are delicious!” I gave him my “stop playing” look. I seriously thought he was being sarcastic. Then here comes Isaac. He eats two and begs for a third. I went back to taste them and I promise the taste had totally changed. They were only about 5 hours old.
The next day…they were sooo good!! I guess letting them sit is the key! Sounds crazy but see for yourself. The next day the carrot taste was stronger and the cinnamon was more pronounced. They tasted just like carrot cake and a oatmeal cookie.
These fluffy carrot cake oatmeal cookies are lightly sweetened which makes the white chocolate morsels & drizzle a must!!! You can also use vanilla morsels if you don’t like white chocolate, but don’t skip it. I really wish they’d make cream cheese morsels.
I thought about doing a cream cheese drizzle on them but I wanted it to firm up. The white chocolate went great though and added the creaminess that these cookies needed.
My husband had them with his morning coffee and I haven’t been able to stop eating these daggum things since that second taste. Did I mention I’m trying to lose 14 lbs this month?? Having a food blog makes dieting a beast but a gals gotta do what a gals gotta do. Pray for me.
Watch me make these easy carrot cake oatmeal cookies from start to finish!
Carrot Cake Oatmeal Cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground clove
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar packed
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup pureed carrots puree carrots in 1/8 cup water or use baby food carrots
- 1 cup finely shredded carrots
- 3 cups 1-minute oats
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- melted white chocolate about 1 cup see note
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper & set aside.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a medium size bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl cream together butter and sugars.
- Mix in eggs and vanilla extract.
- Fold in pureed carrots and shredded carrots.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients just until combined.
- Fold in the oatmeal just until combined.
- Fold in white chocolate chips (see note)
- Use a mini ice cream scoop and drop cookies two inches apart on a prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cookies sit on pan for 2 minutes to finish cooking.
- Place cookies on a cooling rack to finish cooling.
- Once cooled, drizzle with melted white chocolate.
- Allow the white chocolate to harden before storing in an airtight container.
- These cookies taste best the next day or a few hours after making them.