Caramel Apple Crisp
Something about the words “apple crisp” just makes me feel all cozy inside. I immediately think about colorful fall leaves, comfy sweaters, and crisp autumn air. Probably because the only time we had apple crisp growing up was in the fall time when fresh farm apples were everywhere.
I could always tell when apple crisp was in the oven from that signature buttery, cinnamon apple caramel aroma! It is heaven and I can truly say that every part of the apple crisp is my FAVORITE!
My grandmother always diced up tiny pieces of caramel chews and sprinkled it throughout the apple crisp. It gave it that simple extra something and now I find myself doing the exact same thing. I mean if you’re gonna have apple crisp you might as well have caramel apple crisp right?
This caramel apple crisp is divine! Loaded with tart, granny smith apples that compliments the sweet caramel and that buttery, cinnamon oatmeal crisp topping so well. It’s sweet but not too sweet for a scoop of vanilla ice cream on the side! Speaking of which, is apple crisp really complete without vanilla ice cream? It just seems….unnatural. So be natural.
This caramel apple crisp is such a comforting classic dessert and comes together so easily with simple ingredients. It’s the perfect ending to a fall dinner and company worthy.
If you’ve got yourself some apples you need to get rid of I implore (new word I can’t stop using) you to make this caramel apple crisp recipe….like… ASAP!!
Watch me make this caramel apple crisp from start to finish!
Get the Recipe: Caramel Apple Crisp
- 5-6 granny smith apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 cup caramel chips
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2-3 tablespoons melted butter, for drizzling, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Add sliced apples to a large bowl, set aside.
- In a small bowl combine flour, white sugar, and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle over apples and toss to fully coat apples in mixture.
- Spread apples evenly into a casserole dish.
- Sprinkle caramel chips over apples. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine oats, flour, white sugar, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
- Cut in 6 tablespoons butter until mixture is crumbly.
- Sprinkle topping evenly over apples.
- Baked for 30 minutes or until golden.
- When crisp comes out of the oven drizzle with melted butter.
- Serve hot with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!