“Easy BBQ chicken nachos loaded with juicy chicken, lots of hot, stretchy cheese, fresh tomatoes and red onions! Bursting with flavor and one of my most highly requested appetizers!”
Watch me make these BBQ chicken nachos from start to finish!
NACHOS! NACHOS! NACHOS!!! I don’t even want to talk about how many times I’ve made these BBQ chicken nachos this week! It’s pretty sad actually, especially since I’m currently doing a 3-day cucumber detox (don’t ask) with a friend. I’m just gonna have to start that detox again next week.
Matter of fact, I don’t even know why people ask me to do detoxes with them (or why I agree) knowing full well how I feel about food and how I have no shame in dragging other “dieters & detoxers” into food indulgences with me.
I’ve stated plenty of times that I’m not a very good diet-workout friend so there, no denial over here sister! Ok, now that’s off my chest let’s talk about BBQ chicken nachos!!!!
Yessss that cheesy, crunchy, fresh, bbq-ey goodness!! Every bite is like a flavor explosion! I think I’ve found my new favorite go-to snack-appetizer dinner. It’s just so versatile and EASY!!
You really can top whatever you want onto these BBQ chicken nachos.
Possible BBQ Chicken Nacho Toppings:
- black olives
- fire-roasted corn
- black beans
- Red onions
- sour cream, salsa
I’ve found that I live for simply adding fresh tomatoes and red onions! Amazeballs!! You can also be versatile with the cheeses as well and I highly recommend mixing up several different varieties. My go-to is Gouda and Colby jack! I also like to mix up several different BBQ sauces as well like a smokey BBQ sauce mixed with a sweeter one. Of course, you can make your own homemade BBQ sauce as well.
When I make these for the whole family I put them into little round cake pans lined with parchment paper. That way each person gets to customize it just the way they like it. It makes for great movie food by the way. We pile up in our family theater and go through several batches of nachos!
These BBQ chicken nachos or any homemade nachos for that matter need to be served ” piranha style”! Meaning you or your guests need to be ready to swoop in and devour it as soon as it comes out of the oven for the BEST, epic, signature stretchy, cheesy experience. I guess this is why nachos are such a great half-time game day appetizer!
Easy BBQ Chicken Nachos
- 1 lb chicken breast cut into small pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- 8 oz Colby jack cheese shredded (hand grate for best results)
- 7 oz gouda cheese shredded (hand grate for best results)
- 1/2 cup red onions diced
- 1/2-3/4 cup tomatoes seeded and diced
- Corn Tortilla Chips
- parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Line a 13 x 9 inch baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Mix together spices and sprinkle them over the chicken, tossing to coat. Set aside.
- Heat butter in a skillet.
- Add chicken and cook until almost done.
- Stir in BBQ sauce and continue cooking until sauce is mostly absorbed and chicken is done. Set aside.
- Spread tortilla chips in a single layer on prepared baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with half the cheese.
- Add on BBQ chicken and then sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Add on onions and tomatoes.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Top with fresh parsley.
- Serve immediately.