If you’re on my mailing list (and I hope you are!) then you already know I’m doing nothing but kabobs for this memorial day. I’m keeping it simple since it will be just my family this year.
I’m doing some chicken kabobs , vegetable kabobs, fruit kabobs, and for dessert I’m doing a few of these super cute strawberry shortcake kabobs.
Aren’t dessert kabobs adorable?! Heck you can throw anything on a stick and my family will love it. I made this strawberry shortcake kabobs one year for 4th of July and everyone loved them.
Honestly I wasn’t expecting them to get any kind of raved reviews, shoot I just thought they looked pretty and had some strawberries to get rid of.
So here I am making them again for you guys! Kids love these little cuties. My hubby thought I should make some kind of sweet cream cheese dip to go along with these instead of doing the marshmallows, but Isaac thought the marshmallows were perfect.
The cake for this recipe is one of my favorites for strawberry shortcakes! It’s dense, moist but not fluffy. Which works great for skewering cake cubes. Of course you could use a box cake or a ready-made poundcake but I just love this easy, one bowl recipe.
You can drizzle them with white chocolate or milk chocolate! Both would be heavenly.
Easy cream cheese cool whip dip Dip
Wanna serve these kabobs with a dip instead of using marshmallows? No prob! Simply thread the cake cubes and strawberries on a tooth pick. Mix together 8 oz. cream cheese, 8 oz cool whip, and 1/2 cup powder sugar until creamy. Refrigerate until chilled.
Wanna serve these in bars? No prob! Check out my strawberry shortcake bars recipe!
Watch me make these strawberry shortcake kabobs from start to finish!
Dessert Kabobs (Strawberry Shortcake Kabobs)
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 cup granulate sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 pint jumbo strawberries sliced widthwise (discarding the tips and tops)
- 1 bag jumbo marshmallow
- 1 cup white chocolate morsels melted according to package directions.
- 6 inch skewers
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Line a 9 x13 pan with greased parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl cream together butter and sugar.
- Add eggs and beat well after each egg.
- Fold in vanilla extract.
- Add flour, baking powder, salt and milk.
- Mix well until combined.
- Spread batter evenly into prepared pan.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until edges of cake are golden.
- Let cake cool completely.
- Lift cooled cake from pan and carefully cut into 1.5 inch cubes.
- Thread the skewers starting with the marshmallow, cake, and strawberry. Repeat pattern.
- Placed finished skewers a pan lined with parchment paper.
- Drizzle the kabobs with melted white chocolate.
- Store in the fridge.
- When ready to serve let sit at room temperature for a few minutes.