“Creamy white chicken chili recipe that’s easy and full of flavor! Truly award-winning, crowd-pleasing chili!!”
I’ve done white chicken chili on my blog before but this is how I make it now! It’s much better this way people! So creamy, cheesy and flavorful! If you’ve never made creamy white chicken chili before then now is the time!!
I always make a double batch and freeze the rest. It surely comes in handy on those breezy days when you just want a cozy bowl of something comforting for lunch or dinner.
Making white chicken chili is a pretty easy process. It’s one of those one pot deals which makes it great to serve to a crowd. This is usually what I make for Super Bowl and it ALWAYS disappears so fast!
The heavy cream gives the broth an amazing creaminess, paired up with those warm spices, Mexican blend cheeses, flavorful chicken thighs, onions, garlic…have mercy it’s such a beautiful thing!
I don’t normally fool with adding toppings other than cheese, but if you want to you could add some diced avocado, sour cream, crushed unsalted tortilla chips and even diced tomatoes would be delish!!
Watch me make this white chicken chili from start to finish!
Creamy White Chicken Chili
- 1 tablespoon butter or oil
- 1 1/2 cups white onions diced
- 1 lb chicken thighs chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic minced
- 4 oz can diced green chiles
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3-4 cups chicken broth
- 3 16 oz cans of white beans (I love using a variety: garbanzo, white kidney and great northern)
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 cups Mexican blend cheese + more for topping
- Fresh parsley or cilantro garnish
- Add butter to large pot over medium heat.
- When melted add onions and cook until slightly tender.
- Add chicken thighs and cook until done.
- Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Mix together cumin, oregano, smoked paprika and cayenne pepper and the then stir into the chicken mixture.
- Add in beans and chicken broth.
- Bring to a light boil and then stir in heavy cream.
- Sprinkle in cheese a little at a time.
- Serve and garnish with more cheese and fresh parsley or cilantro.