Creamy, Homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte
Watch me make this pumpkin spice latte from start to finish!
Are you sick of pumpkin spice stuff yet? Normally I’m usually completely over it by now but these homemade pumpkin spice lattes just keep giving me new life every evening.
My rule is, “Coffee in the morning, tea in the afternoon and wine in the evening!” Period! But there has been something so rewarding about putting the kids to bed, whipping up a pumpkin spice latte, grabbing my cozy blanket and heading out on the back porch with my audio books.
Like yall, I seriously start getting excited about my little relaxing nighttime rendezvous as soon as I wake up. I think everybody should have something small to look forward to every day, don’t you?
This pumpkin spice latte is so good! I won’t compare it to Starbucks because well…it’s not Starbucks but it sure is amazing and fresh tasting! Pure sweetened pumpkin puree beats artificial pumpkin syrup any day for me!
Spiced with brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla extract, it’s so simple and creamy! I like to use a combination of whole milk and half-n-half for my lattes, but you can feel free to use all whole milk, barista milk or heck even almond milk is great with this!
You may need to add more or less brown sugar depending on how strong your coffee is and how sweet you like your lattes. I like my pumpkin spice lattes a bit on the sweeter side so I’m not shy with the shuggah! Be sure to drink this while it’s hot and steaming! Anytime you use pumpkin puree in a recipe you’ll have some separating once it’s lukewarm or has been sitting for a bit. You can simply reheat any leftovers and give a good stir and all will be well.
The gigantic mound of fresh whipped cream is optional but it’s a requirement for me! The coolness of the whipped cream and the warmth from latte is a nice contrast. So it’s settled, all creamy, hot drinks should come topped with cream, case closed.
Go drink & be merry!!
Get the Recipe: Creamy Pumpkin Spice Latte
- 1 ¾ cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup half n half
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 3-4 tablespoons pure pumpkin puree
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1-2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup very strong coffee
- heavy whipped cream, beaten to stiff peaks
- In a saucepan over medium heat stir together milk, half n half, brown sugar and pumpkin puree.
- Let steam, while stirring. (do not boil)
- Once the mixture is very hot, stir in pumpkin spice, vanilla extract, and strong coffee.
- Pour into mugs and pipe on the whipped cream.
- Sprinkle with additional pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon if desired.
- Serve hot!