I’ve been getting a lot of requests for gluten-free, diabetic, vegan and other specially diet recipes. I’m surprised that I don’t have more recipes like this being that I have experience with so many diets, including diary-free diets. I had to give up dairy for a year while I nursed my son since he had a cows milk allergy , which he eventually grew out of thank God! Do you know how many freakin things have dairy in it!!??!!
Anywho, these flourless cosmic brownies are a favorite during the week of passover when we give up leavened products, which also makes them a great gluten-free dessert/snack.
My son loves these brownies and my husband told me to make them more often. They are pretty darn tasty. If you’ve never had flourless brownies and are wondering how they taste….hmmm…I’d best describe the texture as cross between fudge, dense chocolate cheesecake and regular brownies.
They are dense, rich, chocolatey, soft and addictive. They need to be kept in the refrigerator to keep that dense texture. They taste better the next day!!!
Watch me make these flourless cosmic brownies from start to finish!
Cosmic Brownies- Flourless
- 2 cups chocolate chips, divided (I used milk chocolate)
- 1 1/2 sticks butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 4 large eggs
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- M&M’s & pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a saucepan, melt 1 1/2 cups of chocolate chips, butter, and water over low heat until the chocolate is melted. Be careful not to scorch the chocolate.
- Remove from heat and stir in cocoa powder. Set aside.
- In a bowl, add eggs and sugar.
- Beat for 3-4 minutes until thickened.
- Stir in vanilla extract.
- Fold in half of the egg mixture into the chocolate mixture.
- Stir gently until incorporated and then fold in the other half.
- Line a 8 X 8 inch baking pan with non-stick baking paper.
- Pour brownie mixture into the pan and smooth out the batter.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until edges are firm and the middle is set. The middle may still be a little soft and slightly jiggly.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- Once cooled, place in the refrigerator for 2-4 hours to set the brownies.
- Prepare the chocolate spread, by heating the heavy cream in the microwave for about 30 seconds.
- Add the other 1/2 cup of chocolate chips to the heavy cream and allow them to melt.
- Stir until creamy.
- Spread on top of cold brownies.
- Top with pecans bits and m&m’s if desired.
- Cut and serve.
- Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
Store in the refrigerator.
Feel free to add in other things like nuts, candy, etc.
These brownies taste best the next day! Yum!