Can I just tell you how much I love a good, homemade sorbet? They’re easy, delicious and the perfect way to end a meal on a lighter note. Not to mention you can make homemade sorbet with just about any kind of fruit under the sun.
I rely on sorbets a lot during this time of year when holiday parties are in full swing yet my time is super limited. I can say “we’re having fresh sorbet for dessert” and it just sounds so classy.
Doesn’t it? Seriously, just say the word “sorbet”. Sounds nice right?
Sorbet, pronounced “sȯr-ˈbā”, is simply pureed fruit mixed with a little water or juice and sweetened with sugar.
It’s such a simple formula which is why I love playing around with it and seeing what incredible flavor combinations I can come up with.
Today I’ve teamed up with Coca-Cola to bring you guys one of my favorite sorbet combinations, Coca-Cola cherry sorbet!
This stuff is GOOOOOD! Isaac loves it and thinks it tastes like one of those fast-food cherry slushies. Psshhh, kids! This is way better than that honey!
I mean, just look at that stunning, deep red hue! This Coca-Cola cherry sorbet is smooth, creamy, frosty and simply delicious. The naturally tart flavor of the dark cherries goes PERFECTLY with the fizzy Coca-Cola and the pure dark cherry juice just ups that amazing cherry flavor to the max.
Even those who despise cherries (aka my husband) still seem to enjoy this dessert. Heads up though, once you tell people it’s “Coca Cola” cherry sorbet, they are usually eager to try it out. This is the point where I usually run out, so now I double the recipe, especially if friends and family are involved.
Another beauty of this homemade sorbet recipe is that there is no need to break out the ice cream machine!
This recipe uses the double freezing method to create a creamy sorbet that is just as good as the ice cream machine version.
If you’re looking for an elegant dessert to serve at your holiday dinner or just need a fun treat after an exhuasting day of holiday shopping then definitely try out this unique and delicious Coca-Cola cherry sorbet!
Want more unique holiday recipes and tips? Head on over to Coca-Cola’s Pinterest page to view a collection of some of the best holiday recipes, ideas and inspiration!
Coca-Cola Cherry Sorbet- No Machine Needed!
- 24 oz frozen pitted dark cherries, thawed
- 1 cup Coca-Cola
- 1/2 cup pure dark cherry juice plus more as needed
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup simple syrup 1/2 cup granulated sugar dissolved in 1/2 cup hot water
- In a food processor, puree thawed cherries, adding a few drops of cherry juice if needed.
- Transfer cherries to a large bowl.
- Stir in Coca-Cola, cherry juice, lemon juice and simple syrup.
- Pour mixture into ice cube trays.
- Once frozen, place cubes into a food processor and process until it is the texture of a thick milkshake.
- Pour mixture into a freezer container and freeze.
- Garnished with fresh mint or lemon.