If I had to pick one flavor to sum up my childhood it would be vanilla, hands down!
From the scent of mom’s vanilla candles she’d burn every Saturday morning while cleaning to the taste of my grandmothers highly requested vanilla pound cakes, vanilla simply ruled!
However there’s one vanilla memory that “takes the cake”! It’s embedded into my childhood more than those metal skates and 1 cent candy. That memory is classic vanilla birthday cake with colorful sprinkles!!
One of the many perks of growing up on a street full of kids is the countless birthday parties! Vanilla sheet cake with fluffy vanilla frosting and sprinkles was the “It Cake” amongst us kids. We HAD to have it!
You’d think as an adult I’d be tired of vanilla cake as much as I ate it as a child but nope, I love it even more! It’s my happy, familiar, comforting place. Just the sight of a vanilla birthday cake with sprinkles instantly bring back those fun, carefree days of my youth.
Thanks to Coffee-mate’s nostalgic flavored creamers I can start my mornings with a little dose of those happy childhood memories by using their Coffee-Mate Classic Vanilla flavored creamer.
The Coffee-Mate Classic Vanilla flavored creamer has been on repeat at my house. It smells divine and reminds me of a big ol’ slice of vanilla birthday cake.
I’ve also tried Coffee-mate’s other delicious throwback flavored creamers like the Toll House® Chocolate Chip Cookie and the Caramel Macchiato but my heart belongs to the Classic Vanilla. It just feels right.
On really stressful days I treat myself to a steaming cup of vanilla coffee with enough Coffee-Mate Classic Vanilla flavored creamer to make it sweet and creamy and a slice of homemade vanilla birthday coffee cake.
Just one taste of that hot, creamy coffee and fluffy vanilla birthday coffee cake and all is well with the world!
Vanilla Birthday Coffee Cake
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup Coffee-mate Classic Vanilla creamer
- 1/3 cup vanilla greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners sugar
- 3 tablespoons Coffee-mate Classic vanilla creamer may need more to thin out
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a 8 x 8 pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a small bowl combine egg, creamer, yogurt, oil and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Add wet ingredients in dry ingredients and mix just until combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Let cool and then drizzle with glaze and add sprinkles.
- To make the glaze add confectioners sugar and creamer to a bowl.
- Stir until smooth and silky, adding a little more creamer if needed.
- Serve with coffee.
This is one of my favorite vanilla coffee cakes. It’s easy, quick, fluffy, moist and it makes people smile! It’s made with Coffee-Mate Classic Vanilla flavored creamer, vanilla extract, vanilla yogurt and finished off with a drizzle of vanilla creamer glaze! Yep, see I wasn’t kidding when I said it was a vanilla coffee cake! It’s heavenly good!
Brew up a cup of coffee, whip up this vanilla birthday coffee cake and create some happy memories of your own!
Which nostalgic Coffee-Mate flavored creamer are you excited to try? Classic Vanilla, Toll House® Chocolate Chip Cookie or Caramel Macchiato?