Cinnamon-Sugar Quick Bread
“Swirls of cinnamon-sugar baked right into this moist cinnamon-sugar quick bread recipe. Easy to make and great with coffee!”
I made this cinnamon sugar bread specifically with my son Isaac in mind. He loves all things cinnamon, always has. He walked into the house from playing and the first thing he says is, “mmmmm something smells SO good! Mommy what did you make me?” Yes he just assumes I cook desserts mainly for him, never mind the other 3 people in the house.
For some reason I get really into quick breads in the fall time. This is the perfect quick bread to bake on a crisp fall morning. The cinnamon fragrance just floats throughout the house even after it’s out of the oven making everything feel all cozy.
This cinnamon sugar bread is practically begging for a cup of fresh brewed coffee and a really good novel. I wouldn’t know though because I didn’t get to enjoy it with coffee…or a novel because ISAAC and MY HUSBAND ate it all! I was fortunate to snag a small slice right when it came out of the oven though which was heavenly. It tastes good warm and room temperature.
Surprisingly this bread isn’t as sweet as you might think with the amount of sugar, glaze, and those swirls of cinnamon-sugar. Yes I know my sweet tolerance is a little bit “advanced” than the average person but I was seriously expecting it to taste like a cake. It’s definitely a breakfast bread. Sweet but not cake-sweet.
It really reminds me of that cinnamon swirl bread that Starbucks use to sell back in the day.
Watch me make this cinnamon-sugar quick bread recipe from start to finish!
Get the Recipe: Cinnamon Sugar Quick Bread
- 1/2 cup butter, softened (1 stick)
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla, extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
CINNAMON SUGAR MIXTURE
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- EASY GLAZE
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 Tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, optional
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease and flour a loaf pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl cream together butter, white sugar and brown sugar.
- Mix in egg and buttermilk.
- Mix in vanilla extract.
- Mix together flour and baking soda and add to batter.
- Stir JUST until flour is combined. Be careful not to over stir. Batter will and should be slightly lumpy.
- Mix together cinnamon and sugar and set aside.
- Add half of the batter to the pan
- Sprinkle on half of the sugar mixture and swirl batter with a knife and then smooth it out.
- Top with the remaining batter.
- Sprinkle on the remaining cinnamon sugar and swirl with a knife and smooth out.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let bread cool.
- When pan is warm to the touch, remove bread from pan and let bread cool completely.
- Mix together milk, powdered sugar and vanilla extract to create a thick but pourable glaze (may need more or less milk)
- Drizzle glaze over cooled bread.
- When glaze has hardened, slice bread and serve.