No Bake Cookies
(Cocoa Oatmeal Peanut Butter..Oh My)
Here is my revised version of these addicting, chocolate oatmeal peanut butter no bake cookies!!
I always avoided these cookies at bake sales because they always look so dry, dull and crusty. They never tasted moist, creamy, and chocolaty like moms did.
These were her go-to cookies when we needed a quick snack. I still remember watching her whip these up while the four of us waited so patiently for the best part, licking the pot!!
Some say you can only make these on a sunny day or else they won’t set right. I don’t know how true that is, but I’d be interested in finding out. It just so happens to be sunny outside every time I decide to make these.
This is one of my favorite no bake cookie recipes and is quickly becoming my sons as well. I love how simple the ingredients are and how quick they come together. Great for lunch boxes or when you just need that chocolate peanut butter fix.
Watch me make these No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookies from start to finish!
Chocolate Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookies (revised recipe)
By Divas Can Cook
- 1 stick butter
- 2 cup sugar
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups Quaker Quick Cooking Instant Oats (1 minute oats)
- In a large pot, melt butter over medium-low heat.
- Stir in sugar until combined.
- Pour in the milk and stir until combined.
- Stir in cocoa powder.
- Stir in the peanut butter .
- Increase the heat to medium and wait until it comes to a boil.
- While waiting, place a few sheets of parchment paper on the counter.
- Once boiling, add vanilla extract.
- Turn off the heat but don’t remove the pot.
- Stir in instant oats.
- Stir for 1 minute.
- Drop by the spoonful on parchment paper.
- Let them sit until they firm up.
Be sure to store these in an airtight container or else they will quickly dry out.