Lawdy lawdy lawdy…this cheesecake is nothing to be played with! It tastes like something that should be served up in a high-end restaurant. Rich and simply sinful! It does take 2 days to make but it’s easy and so worth the wait!!!!
If you’re on a diet ….I don’t even know what to say. It DOES have a crap-load of calories but just eat it while you’re on the treadmill and you should be fine. It is perfect to take to potlucks, holiday gathering and things like that. At least that way you won’t have the thing sitting in the fridge calling your name all day.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake Recipe
By Divas Can Cook
Recipe type: cheesecake
- 1¾ cups of crushed chocolate chip cookies (you can also use graham crackers, vanilla wafers or Oreos)
- ⅓ cup butter, softened
- ¼ cup sugar
- FILLING(bring all ingredients to room temp.)
- 3 packs ( 8oz) cream cheese (softened)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tube of refrigerated Chocolate chip cookie dough (you can make your own if desired)
- Garnish (optional)
- Mini chocolate chips
- Whipping cream
- (you could also add zig-zags of caramel & fudge, I mean what the heck a few more calories won't make a difference)
- To make the crust, add crushed cookies to bowl.
- Add in sugar and soften butter. Mix with a fork until it is all mixed in and moist
- Prepare your springform pan by placing foil on top of the bottom tray and locking the pan. The foil makes for a tighter seal.
- Pour the crust mixture into the pan and press evenly on the bottom. Set aside.
- To make the cheesecake filling in a large bowl add softened cream cheese and sugar. Beat until fluffy.
- Add in 3 eggs and beat just until combined.
- Add in sour cream and beat until combined.
- Mix in vanilla.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared springform pan.
- Now, tear the cookie dough into bite-size pieces and stuff it down into the mixture. Be sure to stuff it all the way in there so that the cheesecake is covering up the dough.
- Place your cheesecake on the middle rack in a 350 degree F. preheated oven.
- Fill a small pan with hot water and place it right beside your cheesecake. This keeps moisture in the oven and helps prevents cracks. Although sometimes a cheesecake just cracks even when you do everything right.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Turn off your oven, prop the door open a little and let the cheesecake sit in the oven for about 20-30 minutes. This just makes sure the cheesecake is nice and set. It will be soft and jiggly.
- Remove from oven and place on counter to cool off for about 30 minutes. Now is the time to repair any cracks if needed.
- Step 6.) Refrigerate overnight. The next day remove it from pan carefully and garnish!