Chocolate Caramel Brownies
Make. Eat. Forgive. Move on. It’s worth it. Trust.
You’ve probably heard me say before how I prefer box brownies over homemade. I know, crazy right. It’s just I’ve never had a homemade brownie that could rival that moist, yet firm and chewy texture of a box brownie. It’s all about the texture for me. Well…I think these chocolate caramel brownies are giving those box brownies a run for their money.
The texture is chewy, soft and gooey, not quite like boxed brownies but the sinful taste surely makes up for it. These homemade brownies just say “I love you” so make them for somebody that you truly love. Yourself would be a good start. But I must warn you, if you’re not into really sweet things then baaaaby this is not for you. Of course you could reduce the sweetness by using a bittersweet chocolate but booooo!
These chocolate caramel brownies have just the right amount of EVERYTHING! Sweet, rich and totally fulfills that sweet tooth. They are damn near perfect and that caramel layer…smh… lawd the caramel layer. I’m really wishing I threw in some pecans or walnuts but trust me, there will be other batches made in the very near future.
Watch me make these chocolate caramel brownies from start to finish!
Get the Recipe: Chocolate Caramel Brownies
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 11.5 -12 oz semi sweet chocolate chunks or chips, can also use bittersweet
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla, optional
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2-1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 14 oz caramel bits
- 1/4- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a large bowl, melt butter and chocolate chunks in the microwave. Stir every 60 seconds to prevent scorching the chocolate.
- Let cool slightly.
- Stir in the sugar, eggs and vanilla if using.
- Stir in the flour and salt just until combined. Do not over stir.
- Generously grease a 9 x 13 pan with shortening and coat lightly with flour. (Can also line the pan with grease foil instead.)
- Spread half of the brown mixture into the pan.
- Bake for 16 minutes or until the middle is slightly set. Do not over bake.
- Let cool completely. The brownie will continue to cook as it cool.
- In a bowl melt caramels and whipping cream in the microwave. Stir every 30 seconds to prevent scorching. Add more heavy cream if needed to reach a creamy consistency.
- Spread caramel mixture evenly over the cool brownie.
- Top with the remaining brown mixture.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes. Be careful not to over bake. Remember the brownies will continue to cook as they cool. The middle may be a tad jiggly when it comes out of the oven but will set up as it cools and is refrigerated.
- Let the brownies cool until the pan is no longer hot.
- Place into the fridge for an hour to complete the setting process. This makes for the perfect texture and makes them easier to slice.
- Store in an airtight container.
Feel free to ad nuts like pecans or walnuts if that tickles your fancy.
Enjoy these with a big ol glass of milk.
Recipe adapted from sixsisterstuff.com. I love them.