Chicken Bruschetta Quesadilla
“Chicken bruschetta quesadillas are easy to make and delicious! With ripe tomatoes, basil, garlic, balsamic, juicy chicken, mozzarella cheese in a buttery, crispy tortilla you can’t go wrong!”
Lunch time can get pretty boring in my house. The boys usually go for egg noodles in chicken broth, pizza, chicken nuggets, or mac n cheese. For my husband and I it’s usually a turkey and cheese sandwich or left overs.
It’s so easy to get in a “same ol thing” everyday food rut isn’t it? Well last week I thought I’d add a little change of pace to our lunch routine by making these super flavorful chicken bruschetta quesadillas.
It’s the perfect time of year to make these tangy tomatoes too! Folks have been giving me fresh tomatoes left and right! I’ve been wasting so many of them because I can’t seem to use them fast enough, even though I keep saying I’m going to do some canning. I’m a chronic procrastinator.
Anyway it was nice to enjoy them fresh from the garden.
These quesadillas definitely woke up our taste buds! They are so delicious! Even the boys loved them and Isaac doesn’t even like tomatoes!
It’s that buttery, crisp tortilla, tender chicken, lots of mozzarella cheese and delicious balsamic tomatoes that makes them so irresistible! They pack in all the flavors of classic bruschetta!
If you’re in need of something different from lunch or dinner then you should def. make these! They are quick, easy and I’m confident you’ll love them just as much as we did!
Watch me make these chicken bruschetta quesadillas from start to finish!
Get the Recipe: Chicken Bruschetta Quesadilla
- 10 cocktail tomatoes, finely diced
- 10-15 fresh basil leaves, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2-3 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2-3 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 2 chicken breast, seasoned and cooked, shredded *see note)
- 4 8-inch flour tortilla
- 2 tablespoons, butter melted
- 8 slices mozzarella cheese
- In a large bowl, stir together tomatoes, basil, and garlic.
- Drizzle on olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.(Add more vinegar if desired)
- Set aside (or refrigerate for 30 minutes to maximize flavor)
- Heat a grill pan over medium heat.
- Place a tortilla onto the pan and brush with butter.
- Flip tortilla over.
- Cut a slice of cheese in half and place the halves on one end of the tortilla.
- Add a row of chicken on top of the cheese and top with a few spoonfuls of tomatoes.
- Top with another layer of cheese.
- Once the cheese has started to melt and the bottom of the tortilla is golden, fold it in half.
- Cook for another minute and then place on a plate.
- Cut quesadilla in half and serve immediately.