Chocolate and peanut butter. Peanut butter and chocolate. Why do they go so well together?? It’s like a match made in heaven, these two! If something is peanut butter and chocolate there is a 95% chance that I’m gonna love it. Such is true with these chewy chocolate peanut butter chip cookies!
These cookies are like the beautiful offspring of a chewy homemade brownie and a bakery soft cookie. They are dangerous. Super chocolatey with that old-fashioned cocoa taste and just the right amount of sweet peanut butter. You’re totally gonna crave a tall glass of ice cold water or milk and oh yeah, one cookie is NEVER enough. Don’t even think you are just gonna “taste one” not happening.
I’m down 5 lbs so far simply by cutting back on my sugar intake, however, I was helpless to these chocolate peanut butter chip cookies. I ate one after the other as soon as they came out of the oven and about 4 more once they’d cooled down. And I just HAD to eat another one for photo’s sake and another to know how to fully explain them for this blog post. So…I’m just gonna like…. blame you guys for my brutal attack on these cookies, mmkay? Oh come oooon, take one for the team. Just kidding!
It seems like these cookies were even better the next day. I kept them in the fridge and they were still chewy and soft.
I don’t normally add chocolate chips to this recipe but I must admit, I enjoyed the semi-sweet chocolate morsels in there. Peanut butter chips are delicious and I’d been trying to think of something to do with them for about a week now. What a great way to use to them up! Totally worth any cellulite I may have added.
My hubby and son love Reese cups so I knew chocolate peanut butter chip cookies wouldn’t last long, which means I wouldn’t have to be tempted for days. Isaac kept saying “ahhhh man I wish I could just have one more!” lol I know his pain. Cookies are such a weakness for all of us.
Watch me make these chewy chocolate peanut butter chip cookies from start to finish!
Chewy Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies
By Divas Can Cook
- 10 tablespoons butter, softened
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder, can use less if desired.
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¾ cup peanut butter chips, divided (may need more or less)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper or non-stick cooking mat. Set aside.
- In a large bowl cream together butter and sugars.
- Mix in egg and vanilla extract. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, salt and cocoa powder.
- Add dry mixture into wet mixture. Stirring slowly until dry mixture is completely incorporated.
- Add semi-sweet chocolate chips and about ½ cup of peanut butter morsels.
- Use a mini ice cream scoop to scoop dough out and place onto prepared pans about 1½ inches apart.
- Press several peanut butter morsels into each dough ball.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes. Cookies will not be done.
- Remove from oven and leave cookies on cookie sheet to finish cooking.
- When pan is warm, place cookies on a cooling rack to finish cooling.