Cheesy Taco Spaghetti
How to Make Taco Spaghetti
Visual learner? Watch me make this cheesy taco spaghetti from start to finish!
“So what’s for dinner tonight?” says my 7-year old.
Me: Taco Spaghetti!
Him: Oh man! I already know I like that and I’ve never had it!
Ha! Same son. Same!
My sister Nikki messaged this Taco Spaghetti recipe to me, and I sat there just looking at it. I love spaghetti. I love tacos. This meal is a stroke of pure genius. I immediately texted back, “Omg, so making this!”. She replied, “ME TOO!”
It’s still hilarious to me that we were once young girls obsessing over our Save By The Bell boyfriends, and now we are moms who get excited about trying new recipes. Time really flies, huh?!
Dinner ready in under 30 minutes? Sign me up!
I knew I’d love this recipe after one glance. I mean, look at those ingredients. My family and I live for quick, easy, and flavorful dinner ideas, especially if it involves pasta!!! The hub and kids suggested that this Taco Spaghetti needs to go into the dinner rotation ASAP! Done!
Spaghetti- I’m game!
Rotel- Heck yeah!
Ground beef– Bring it!
Taco seasoning: Better believe it!
Taco sauce- Of course!
Cheese: You already know!
Lots of fresh condiments!– Game on!
This taco spaghetti starts by cooking the pasta in salted water until al dente! This recipe would also work great with shells or rotini pasta in place of the spaghetti noodles.
Next, you want to saute the onions, garlic and brown the seasoned ground beef. You could also use ground turkey. Throw in the Rotel and cooked spaghetti. Now toss it all around, and sprinkle on the spices and cheese! Taste and adjust the seasonings. Sprinkle on fresh cilantro. I always add more seasoning to my plate because I like it, SPICY!! When I plate my spaghetti I add on even more cheese! It’s so good, with that dollop of sour cream on the side!
There you have it! A basic pot of cheesy taco spaghetti that is ready for some fresh toppings!
Once you plate it up, add on your favorite taco toppings. This is what really takes it to the next level! Fresh tomatoes and sour cream are a must for me!! If you need ideas on toppings, here are a few ideas that taste great with this taco spaghetti.
Taco Spaghetti Topping ideas:
Corn & Black beans
What to serve with Taco Spaghetti?
Taco Spaghetti is such a complete meal, that you can get away without any side dishes. However, in my book, bread is always welcomed with any kind of pasta dish!
I hope you guys enjoy this easy, meal as much as we did!
Get the Recipe: Cheesy Taco Spaghetti
- 8 oz spaghetti noodles
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 10 oz Rotel tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup Original Taco sauce, (can add more if desired)
- 1½- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- ½- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- ¼-½ teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 ½-2 cups Mexican cheese blend, shredded, (divided), Can add more if desired *See Note
- cilantro & green onions, chopped, garnish
- fresh tomatoes, sour cream, black olives, etc.
- Cook spaghetti in salted water, according to the package until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a large deep skillet, heat olive oil.
- Add onions and cook until tender.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add ground beef to pan, using a spatula to break it up into small pieces.
- Sprinkle the beef with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Cook beef until done and then drain.
- Add in Rotel, taco sauce and cooked spaghetti, tossing to coat. Reduce the heat to medium-low (to keep warm)
- Mix together taco seasonings and sprinkle over the pasta. Toss to coat.
- Stir in 1 cup of cheese. Taste and adjust spices. (Add more cheese if desired) *See note
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top and place a lid over the pot to allow the cheese to melt.
- Sprinkle the top with fresh cilantro and chopped green onions
- Plate and top with your favorite taco toppings.