I was never a fan of ravioli as a child, especially that canned crap. As an adult, I absolutely love the stuff especially if it’s homemade but frozen suits me just fine! This baked ravioli recipe has to be one of my toddler’s favorite meals.
I like it because it’s quick and easy. Something I can throw together and still have it come out tasting like a time-consuming, homemade meal. Not to mention it soothes my beastly craving for homemade lasagna. (which is exactly what it tastes like to me)
One thing I love about baked ravioli (besides it being so cute & fun to eat) is that it is so versatile. Sometimes I add in a layer of spinach & spicy sausage to give it a lil pizzaz. I’ve even used the chicken stuffed ravioli with success.
Cheesy Baked Ravioli
By Divas Can Cook
Recipe type: main, pasta
- 1 small onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 lb. ground beef or ground turkey
- 2 (24 oz each) jars of spaghetti sauce ( I
- used a jar of Bertolli five cheese & a jar of
- Bertolli Tomato Basil flavor)
- 1½ bags of cheese, shredded (8 oz bags each. I used ½ bag of mozzarella & a bag of Sargento Italian Blend cheese)
- 1 (1 lb.) bag of frozen cheese ravioli
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Dice up onion & garlic.
- Saute onion & garlic in 1-2 Tablespoons of olive oil on medium heat until tender.
- Add in ground beef & cook until done. Drain the excess oil from the pan.
- Add in the spaghetti sauces. Stir until combined.
- Spread a thin layer of sauce on the bottom of a 9 X 13-inch baking pan.
- Add a layer of the frozen ravioli, a layer of the sauce mixture and then a layer of cheese. Repeat this step one more time.
- Place into the oven and cook for 35 -40 minutes. Let cool and enjoy.