When September hits I am always ready to kick summer out of the door quick, fast and in a hurry! There is just something about Fall that does it for me! It gets me in the mood to be all cuddly and stuff.
One drink that gets made a lot around my house during cold weather months is chai tea lattes. They are soothing, creamy and comforting. If you like spiced teas then you will love this latte! Not mention it is quick & easy to make!
I was so happy to discover this recipe in one of Taste of Home newsletters. I’ve been making it faithfully ever since. This is a pretty basic chai tea latte recipe. You can easily adjust the spices to suite your taste.
Homemade Chai Tea Latte
Chai Tea Latte Recipe
By Divas Can Cook
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup milk
- 2 individual tea bags ( I use orange
- pekoe and black tea)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons refrigerated French vanilla nondairy creamer Whipped topping and ground nutmeg, optional
- Step 1.) In a pot, add milk, water, & tea bags.
- Step 2.) Bring to a boil. Remove from heat quickly and let tea bags seep for 15 minutes.
- Step 3.) Add in spices and brown sugar. Stir to combine.
- Step 4.) Bring to boil. Remove from heat.
- Step 5.) Add vanilla creamer.
- Step 6.) Pour into mugs.
- Step 7.) Garnish.
*Note* I sometimes add a dash of cardamom, ground clove, honey and vanilla extract just to kick up the flavor a bit . If you don’t like spices floating around in your drink then strain it. Plain black teas taste better with this drink in my opinion. If you decided to use a spiced tea you might wanna cut back on the spices in the recipe.
** If you prefer a stronger tea flavor try using 3-4 tea bags, increasing the steeping time and/or brewing the tea in water first and then adding the milk once it is done brewing.