I have been in a happy mood since the first day of autumn-like weather. I never get all giddy inside when summer and winter arrives but something about fall and spring makes me so happy.
I get to pull out my boots and sweaters and cozy up with all of those signature fall drinks and comfort food. Oh and Thanksgiving!! Yes gawd for Thanksgiving!!! One of my favoritte fall drinks I like to buy when I go out is Starbucks Caramel Apple Spice! Can you say yummerzzzz!!
Baby I’m a chipper chick when I come across a recipe that taste so similar to what I’d normally pay $5 for. (like this frappuccino recipe) I’m all for saving some pennies and indulging at the same time.
This caramel apple spice should be called “apple pie and vanilla ice cream drink” because that’s exactly what it tastes like. A big ol’ warm slice of homemade apple pie with a scoop of ice cream on the side. The cinnamon dolce syrup does magic to regular old apple juice and that homemade cinnamon whipped cream and caramel drizzle…YES MA’AM!! It just all goes together so lovely and taste like autumn in a glass.
You can actually purchase the cinnamon dolce syrup from Starbucks for like 7 bucks but why when you can make up a batch for much less and it taste just as great ya know.
I’ll be making these for my Thanksgiving meal this year. I usually do an apple cider but I’m sure these will be loved much more. I wish I was part of a book club so that I could serve these. Something about this drink makes me want to cuddle up with a good book and deep discussions.
How To Serve:
There are actually two ways you can serve the dolce cinnamon syrup. You can mix it all in with the steamed apple juice or let people put in their own amount. If I’m making this for a big crowd I just place the cinnamon dolce syrup in a syrup dispenser and lets folks add it themselves along with the whipped topping and caramel topping. (I think it taste more like Starbucks this way because I add in a ton of syrup to my mug ha!). If you decide to just pour the syrup into the big batch of apple juice, just be sure to add it gradually and taste. Some apple juices are really sweet and you may not need to use all of the syrup,especially since you’ll be adding the whipped cream and caramel drizzle on top. The cinnamon dolce syrup also taste great on pancakes, ice cream, coffee, lattes,baked apples, you name it! I have a stash of it in my fridge right now! I love it.
Watch me make this Caramel Apple Spice from Start to Finish!
Caramel Apple Spice..Like Starbucks
By Divas Can Cook
- 64 oz. 100% pure apple juice
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons flour
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 5 tablespoons powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- couple dashes cinnamon
- caramel topping
- Add apple juice to a large pot and steam over medium-low heat. Do not boil.
- In a small pot mix together sugars, flour and cinnamon.
- Stir in water.
- Bring to a light boil over medium heat and boil for 2 minutes or until syrup thickens.
- Remove from heat and let cool. Syrup will thicken more as it cools.
- Add in vanilla extract.
- Pour cinnamon dolce syrup into the steamed apple juice or place syrup into a syrup dispenser to be added to each individual glass individually.
- Serve immediately topped with homemade whipped cream and drizzled with caramel topping.
- To make the homemade whipped topping:
- Add whipping cream and powdered sugar to a chilled bowl.
- Beat with chilled beaters for 2-3 minutes on high speed just until mixture is fluffy and light. Do not over mix.
- Fold in vanilla and a few dashes of cinnamon, if desired.
Serve steaming hot.
Flavors intensify as it sits overnight.