Whew!! This has been the longest time I’ve ever gone without creating a blog post/video. I thought about you guys every single day! Did you miss me? Say yes, even if you didn’t ok. Oh where have I been you ask? MOVING to a new city!!! Woo-hoo!! Can you say, exhausting!? I don’t think I ever want to go through the moving process again and I think I’ll be perfectly fine to never see a cardboard box for a very very long time!!
Anyway we are finally unpacked, settled in and I’m ready to cook!! Actually I’ve already been cooking up a storm in my new kitchen. Oh how I LOOOOVE my new kitchen y’all!! It feels amazing to have more space, organization and sunlight. I never knew how much my old kitchen hindered my productivity. It just wasn’t fun to be in at all. Since moving I’ve been making breakfast , lunch and dinner every single day . It’s like I have this new found love of cooking!
I couldn’t wait to share this amazing Apple Crisp Pizza recipe with you guys. I adapted this recipe from my favorite cooking magazine Taste of Home. It was one of the first dishes I made in my new home and this baby got nailed the first night. It’s comforting, DELICIOUS and the perfect end to a hearty fall dinner. And man, talk about addictive!!! Everytime I’d go into the kitchen I’d see another little slice missing. We just couldn’t get enough of this stuff.
I knew this dessert would be dangerous for me being that I just can’t resist apple crisp or apple pie. This sinful thing combines them both so beautifully and then it has the nerve to add caramel sauce to finish it off. Have mercy. Add a side of vanilla ice cream and you will be one happy person. It’s pretty sweet so be prepared! If you can’t handle really sweet dessert (is that even normal?) then go light on the caramel sauce
Watch me make this Caramel Apple Crisp Pizza from start to finish!
Apple Crisp Pizza
By Divas Can Cook
Recipe type: dessert
- BUTTERY PIE CRUST
- 2½ cup all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons butter, shredded
- ½ cup butter-flavored shortening
- ¼ cup cold water
- SPICED APPLES
- 4-5 large granny smith apples, peeled and diced
- 3 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 Tablespoons white sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons flour
- ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup quick cooking oats
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- Caramel topping
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Make the pie crust by combining flour, salt and sugar in a large bowl.
- Cut in the shortening and butter, until mixture resembles pea-size crumbs.
- Add in the water and combine gently just until the water is incorporated and a dough forms.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead several times.
- Press dough evenly into a lightly greased, 12-inch pizza pan.
- Refridgerate for 20-30 minutes.
- Add apples to a large bowl.
- Toss apples with white sugar, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon.
- Spread apples evenly over cold pie crust. Set aside.
- Make topping by combining flour, oats, brown sugar, and white sugar.
- Cut in the butter until mixture is crumbly.
- Top apples with crumb mixture.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Drizzle with caramel sauce as soon as it comes out of the oven.
- Cut into wedges.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream if desired.