These cake batter Rice Krispy treats are all the rage in playgroups and preschools. I wanted to know what all the fuss was about so Isaac and I whipped up a batch this afternoon.
I thought these were pretty darn good. If I was a kid I would so think these things were heaven. I can totally see what all the hype is about. They’re fun to look at, fun to make and fun to eat!
|Little hands can’t resist these!|
|You would have thought I told him we were going to Disney World.
He couldn’t stop smiling while looking at these.
*Melt the butter and marshmallows over medium-low heat to prevent scorching.
This video is narrated by Isaac. He was like “Mommy I really get to talk to the divas?!?!” LOL He was beyond excited.
Cake Batter Rice Krispy Treats Recipe
- 3 Tablespoons butter melted
- 1 10 oz bag mini marshmallows
- 1/4-1/2 cup yellow cake mix I used 1/2 cup
- 5-6 cups Rice Krispy Cereal I used 5 cups
- Melt butter in a large pot.
- Add in the marshmallows.
- Melt the marshmallows over medium-low heat.
- Add the cake mix
- Stir until combined.
- Stir in some sprinkles.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in the Rice Krispy Cereal.
- Press the mixture into a 9 x 13 inch pan. Use an oiled spatula to spread to help press the mixture into an even layer.
- Top with sprinkles.
- Let it cool off and cut into squares.