Cajun Fajita Chicken & Rice Wraps
Goodness gracious, these past few days have been craaaazy! Wanna hear about it? I’m going to pretend like you said, “Oh Monique, I’d love to!” So, here it goes!
I threw my sister a surprise 40th birthday party, had nine overnight guests, and managed to paint and carpet the entire basement in 24 hours (kudos to hubby). Not to mention the everyday stuff that had to get done like homeschooling and a ton of other business deadlines.
And to top it all off I had an unexpected overnight stay in the ER hooked up to all kind of machines. I’ll tell you guys about that one a little later. Lord have mercy! All that matters now is that EVERYTHING IS OK AND BACK TO NORMAL! Amidst all the chaos dinner still had to get on the table! Oy vey! To avoid fast food I stuck to easy dinner recipes like these super delicious & portable Cajun fajita chicken & rice wraps. Am I the only one who loves recipes like this? Success® Rice came to the rescue and made this easy dish even easier for me! Have you ever used Success Rice before? Success Rice is the original boil-in-the bag rice, and honey child, for me it’s a pantry staple. It’s been a lifesaver on those days when I just needed a lil help and sanity in the kitchen. We all have those days, right?
The 14 oz box (other sizes available) comes with four pre-measured BPA-free bags that you simply toss into water, boil and boom it’s ready in minutes! No measuring, no spilled rice, and I just love how it cooks so perfect and fluffy. Like. Every. Single. Time. For this recipe I’m using white rice but if white rice isn’t your thing then Success Rice also comes in Success Whole Grain Brown Rice. They even have two globally inspired, aromatic varieties, Success Jasmine Rice and Success Basmati Rice if you wanna get all fancy schmancy.
For this recipe, use your favorite cajun seasoning, adding as much or as little as you like. I normally only add Cajun seasoning to half of the chicken since my boys are not fans of spice at all. These wraps are full of flavor from the spicy, tender chicken, fresh bell peppers and onions, cheese and Ro-Tel tomatoes & green chiles! Serve with a side of avocado ranch dressing and you’ve got yourself a flavor explosion. If you’re super pressed for time then grab a bag of the frozen, pre-cut fajita vegetables. I usually make the rice first since Success White Rice and Success Brown Rice can sit for up to 30 minutes before being served.
These cajun fajita chicken and rice wraps are so versatile! I prefer the filling in a soft (sometimes toasted) flour tortilla but my boys like to scoop it up with tortilla chips and my husband likes to eat the filling plain topped with fresh avocado, cilantro and sour cream. Either way it’s a super fast, fresh, and filling dinner! Thanks Success Rice for making dinner a success! Ha! Get it? Success Rice..successful dinner? Ok..I’ll work on a better pun. Meanwhile, go grab yourself some Success Rice for your pantry stash. You can find it in grocery stores nationwide for about $2.35.
Watch me make this Cajun Fajita Chicken and Rice Wraps from start to finish!
Get the Recipe: Cajun Fajita Chicken & Rice Wraps
- 1 bag Success® White Rice, from 14 oz Box
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 lb boneless chicken thighs, cut into small pieces
- Cajun seasoning, see note
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- 1 10 oz can diced tomatoes and green chiles
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded (can use more)
- 12 flour tortillas
- Add chicken broth and a bag of Success white rice to a large pot.
- Bring to a boil and boil for 8-10 minutes, uncovered.
- Remove Success Rice bag from broth. Drain and set aside.
- Season chicken thighs generously with cajun seasoning.
- Heat olive oil in a large deep skillet over medium heat.
- Add chicken in single layer and cook until done.
- Placed cooked chicken on a plate, leaving the drippings in the pan.
- Add diced vegetables to the pan and add in little more olive oil if needed.
- Saute until vegetables are tender.
- Remove Success Rice from bag.
- Stir in cooked rice, diced tomatoes and cheese.
- Place filling into tortilla shells and roll.
- Serve with avocado ranch dipping sauce, if desired.
Give your old recipes a new twist by swapping plain rice with an aromatic Success Rice variety! Learn more about the different varieties here. For recipe ideas, special offers and more, join the Riceape Club®. Be sure to visit Success Rice on their official website and to follow them on their Facebook, Twitter (@Success_Rice), and Pinterest pages.
What rice dish are you excited to try Success Rice in?
Leave a comment below and you’re automatically entered to win a
$100 Visa Gift Card
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
1. Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
2. Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
3. Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
4. For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older (or nineteen (19) years of age or older in Alabama and Nebraska). Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the [email protected] email address. You will have 2 business days to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 9/8/2015 – 10/23/2015