I love a good chicken and rice recipe and therefore I am always on the hunt for them. Such a crowd pleaser, I mean who doesn’t like rice right? I don’t think I’ve ever met anyone who doesn’t. This bourbon chicken recipe tastes just like the kind they serve up in my favorite Chinese restaurant; slightly sweet and slightly spicy!
I snagged this gem from a site called cooks.com. It looks plain but it packs a lot of flavors and goes PERFECT over a bed of white rice. The flavor of the chicken intensifies as it sits. I’m convinced that once you make this dish it will permanently go into your recipe collection. So yummy & easy!
By Divas Can Cook
- 3 large chicken breasts
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
- ¾ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup of apple juice
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoon ketchup
- 1 Tablespoon cider vinegar
- ¼ -1/2 cup water
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- Cut up 3 large chicken breast into cubes
- Heat 2 T. of olive oil in a large saucepan.
- Add chicken into the pan and cook until almost done (white on the outside). Remove chicken from pan and set aside. Let's make the yummy sauce!
- Now in a large saucepan add minced garlic, ginger, crushed red pepper flakes, apple juice, brown sugar, ketchup, cider vinegar, water.
- (If you want the sauce to be thin like in the Chinese restaurants use ½ c. If you want a glaze-like texture use ¼ c.) and
- soy sauce.
- Heat over medium heat until sugar has dissolved and everything has combined
- Now add the chicken and bring it to a hard boil
- Reduce heat and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Serve chicken & sauce over hot rice!