Blueberry Cream Cheese Muffins
“Fluffy blueberry cream cheese muffins full of over 1/2 lb of fresh blueberries !”
Watch me make these blueberry cream cheese muffins from start to finish!
Gosh, I freakin LOVE Spring! With all of this fresh produce jumping off I just want to make EVERYTHING!!! I got a HUGE box of blueberries the other day and I’ve been having a blast playing around with all of these blueberry recipes! OMG have you ever had blueberry butter? So good!! I’ll get around to posting it here soon because it is definitely a lift your skirt recipe.
Today I’ve got these delicious blueberry cream cheese muffins for ya! Blaze up that coffee pot because these muffins are the perfect companion! I always turn to breakfast muffins when I need a quick item to take to a breakfast or brunch. They are so easy to make and are generally a crowd pleaser when made right!
Nothing worst than a dry crumbly muffin know whatum sayin’? These blueberry cream cheese muffins bake up so fluffy, moist and tender! Thank you buttermilk! It’s so hard to stop at one when they are piping hot & fresh from the oven. They are so light it almost feels like they don’t have a calorie in the world! If only that were true. *sigh* Darn you cream cheese for being so good and so naughty at the same time!
But honey let me tell ya, anytime you decide to put cream cheese directly into a muffin batter…only good things can happen! PERIOD! The cream cheese gives these blueberry muffins an AMAZING texture! Geez just typing up this post is making me want to make my third batch and think I’ll do just that! Only this time I’m gonna add in some fresh strawberries as well!
Happy muffin eating!
Get the Recipe: Blueberry Cream Cheese Muffins
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 -1 teaspoon lemon zest, optional but yum
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup blueberries, plus more for pressing onto tops
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Place cupcake liners into the cupcake tray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine vegetable oil, sugar, and cream cheese.
- Mix in egg, vanilla extract, and lemon zest.
- In a separate bowl sift together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Combine dry ingredients in the wet alternating with the buttermilk.
- Carefully fold in blueberries.
- Pour batter into prepared muffin tin.
- Press a few blueberries into the top of the batter
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool in pan until pan is warm.
- Remove muffins and place on a cooling rack to finish cooling.
- Serve warm.
Adapted from family recipe and Taste of Home
I love all your recipes and have tried several of them. Especially your desserts. Every time I bake the Blueberry Cream Cheese muffins, they get rave reviews and requests for more muffins.
keep those yummy recipes coming.
Ok, I made these wrong. I didn’t realize I was out of flour, I’m never out of flour lol. I was too far in the process to give up. I used cake flour, which would have been divine had I known all purpose flour and cake flour are not an equal exchange. After they were in the oven(I was leary because my batter didn’t look like yours in the video) I looked it up and found out I should have added an additional three tablespoons of the cake flour. I’m just letting people know Incase they didn’t know that. So, my texture is off for sure, but the flavor is incredible. I can’t wait to make them again correctly!
Oh…My…Goodness. This has to be THE BEST recipe for blueberry muffins I’ve ever made. They were so soft and moist, even after day 2. I can’t wait to share these with friends.