I’ve made this black bean corn salad twice this week! Once as a side dish when I had dinner with the in-laws (served it with roasted chicken and couscous) and once as a healthy snack for me to snack on throughout the week. Yep, this stuff is just THAT good…. and loaded with pretty vegetables!
It’s fresh, colorful, crunchy, flavorful and goes well topped on grilled chicken or fish or served as a salsa appetizer with tortilla chips. Tomorrow I’m going to stuff this in between a flour tortilla with monetary Jack cheese and see how it taste as a quesadilla (mmm I’m getting happy just thinking about that one!)
This black bean corn salad has a very light chili lime dressing that adds a tad bit of flavor without overpowering the fresh ingredients which I love. I’ve had black bean corn salads in the past that was so saturated in yummy dressings that I really couldn’t taste the natural flavors of the veggies. You could totally skip the dressing and it would still be good!
Another thing that I love about this black bean corn salad is that it’s soooo easy to make! The hardest part is chopping up the ingredients. Once everything is diced , just mix it up, add a light dressing and its done!!
It’s AMAZING if you let it sit overnight before serving, but I’ve never been strong enough to do that. I dig right in as soon as I’m done stiring it up! This recipe makes a lot so you may or may not have some left over if you’re planning on sharing.
Watch me make this black bean corn salad from start to finish!
Black Bean Corn Salad...This Stuff Is Guuuud!
By Divas Can Cook
- 11 oz sweet corn, drained (I use Mexican steamed canned corn or fresh grilled corn)
- 15 oz black beans, rinsed & drained (l used Bush low-sodium canned black beans)
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, diced
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2-3 Tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 avocado, diced (optional)
- CHILI LIME DRESSING
- 1½ Tablespoon fresh lime juice
- ½ teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (can add more)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of cumin
- Add beans and vegetables to a large bowl.
- Stir to combine.
- Mix the chili lime dressing ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Add dressing to salad.
- Toss to combine.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour.
- (Add diced avocado drizzles with lime juice before serving if desired.)