I have been on a serious omelet kick lately. I love omelets, especially when they are baked to fluffy perfection and stuffed with cheese and sauteed yumminess like peppers, onions, and smoked meat.
I’ve changed the process a bit, I mix the flour into the milk first and bam! All the flour dissolves and no need to break out the mixer! I love it when I find ways to keep from washing extra dishes.
What I really love about this baked omelet recipe, besides it being downright delicious, is that no matter what you put in there is still comes out looking elegant.
I like to serve these omelets for breakfast or brunch when we have guest over just to see their reaction. You’d think I had presented them with some gourmet dish. Ahhh parsley makes anything look divine doesn’t it?
These baked omelets with a bowl of fresh, chopped melons and french vanilla coffee on a weekend morning….. simple bliss I tell ya!
|These baked omelets only look complicated.|
Watch me make this baked pinwheel omelet from start to finish
French vanilla coffee…Perfect!
Baked Omelet Recipe
By Divas Can Cook
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ green bell pepper
- ⅓ small onion
- ½ cup smoked turkey sausage, chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- Sour cream (optional but so recommended)
- Salsa (optional but so recommended)
- Parsley, garnish
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Add milk to a bowl.
- Add all-purpose flour.
- Whisk until flour dissolves.
- Add in the eggs.
- Add the salt and pepper.
- Whisk to combine.
- Set aside.
- Chop the smoked turkey sausage, green bell pepper and onion.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Sauté until peppers are tender.
- Set aside.
- Spray a 9 x 13 inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Pour in the egg mixture.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes or until firm.