Honey Mustard Buffalo Wings
I LOVE chicken wings!! Don’t matter the flavor, chances are I’ll love it. Baked chicken wings are pretty much my go-to appetizer for when I need something quick to serve. They are always the first to go, so I think a lot of folks also share my love of chicken wings.
So far on this site, I’ve made the best buffalo wings, healthier baked buffalo wings, chipotle lime wings, tangy baked wings , and now these honey mustard buffalo wings!!! Expect many more in the future!
These hot wings are definitely on my favorite list! Every time I make these folks love them, I hear, ” wow what kind are these?” a few times.
They are sticky and tender, and the flavor is incredible! Honey mustard and hot sauce love each other. These honey mustard buffalo wings are sweet, spicy, hot, and a little vinegary. They are perfect!!!
Don’t let the overpowering sweet n tangy flavor of the sauce scare you if you taste a bit of it while you’re mixing it up. Once it gets on the chicken and into the oven, it will calm down. The hot sauce finishes everything off beautifully, so don’t skip it!!
You’ll definitely want to double the recipe if you’re making these for a party.
Watch me make these honey mustard buffalo wings from start to finish!!
Get the Recipe: Honey Mustard Buffalo Wings
- 3 lbs fresh chicken wings or drummettes
- olive oil, just enough to lightly coat chicken pieces
- salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup +1 tablespoon honey
- 1/3 cup dijon mustard
- 1 ½ tablespoon hot sauce, I use Cholulah + more for drizzling
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder, optional
- parsley, garnish
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- Line a baking sheet with greased foil. Set aside.
- Place chicken wings in a large bowl and lightly coat wings with olive oil.
- Sprinkle wings generously with salt and pepper.
- Place wings on prepared baking sheet, being sure they aren't touching.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes per side. (cooking times may vary based on size of wings)
- To make the sauce, in a large bowl stir together honey, dijon mustard, hot sauce, mayonnaise, garlic powder (if using), and a couple of generous pinches of parsley.
- Toss chicken in sauce mixture until coated.
- Place chicken back on baking sheet and broil until sauce is sticky. (about 1-2 minutes per side)
- Plate chicken and garnish with parsley.
- Add a generous amount of hot sauce and serve.
- (I usually hit them with a tad bit more parsley again for presentation if I'm making these for a party)