Jalapeno poppers are normally an end of summer/early fall appetizer, but in my circle, they pop up year’round. These lil appetizers are so addictive and really should come with a serving limit! I found myself saying ” I’ll just have one more” several times. When I was first introduced to jalapeno poppers I wasn’t too thrilled to give them a try. I’m not one to just sit around eating peppers like that and I definitely don’t like things really hot.
Maaaan oh man was I surprised when these little gems hit my taste buds. It was like “taking a bite of a gourmet supreme pizza” is the best way I can describe the taste. These jalapeno poppers have a lil spice but nothing that makes you pant while begging for water. Removing the membranes, seeds, and baking really tone down these lil fellas. They are cute, cheesy, creamy and that bacon just ties it in so well. SCRUMPTIOUS!
I “popped” one after the other I couldn’t believe I was sitting there eating jalapenos like that. I just couldn’t get enough of them so yeah…jalapeno poppers you have just found your way into my recipe collection.
I can only imagine all the ways you can change this recipe up.
Bacon Cheddar Jalapeno Poppers Appetizers
By Divas Can Cook
Recipe type: appetizer
- 12 large jalapeno
- 8 oz. of bacon (half a pack. You can add more if you really like bacon.) I use turkey bacon.
- 1 cup of sharp cheddar cheese (I like to use ½ cup sharp cheddar & ½ of smoked cheddar)
- 1 (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- Remove the stems from the jalapeno
- Cut jalapeno lengthwise and remove the membranes and seed. You can rinse them off with cool water to help wash away the seeds if needed.
- Fry bacon according to the package. When done, drain bacon of paper towels and let cool.
- When bacon has cooled, stack a few pieces up and dice into bits.
- In a medium-sized bowl, add softened cream cheese, & cheddar cheese. Stir until creamy and then stir in bacon.
- Stuff the jalapeno peppers with the cheese mixture and place on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Let them cool off and then get to popping!!!