I absolutely adore this carrot cake recipe. It’s super easy and never lets me down. It’s a basic carrot cake that doesn’t have a lot of “stuff” packed inside of it so it is definitely a crowd-pleaser. It is soooo soft and moist (finely grated baby carrots is the trick)
Everytime I make this cake I find myself sneaking into the kitchen and cutting little thin slices and before I know it the whole cake is gone! The cream cheese icing is creamy with just the right amount of sweetness to compliment this carrot cake.
I got this recipe from my sister Nikki. She doesn’t bless us with her cooking much, but when she does it is always a hit.
Feel free to add in raisins, pineapples and coconut if you like that in your carrot cake.
Watch me make this super moist homemade carrot cake from start to finish!
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2½ to 3 cups cups finely grated baby carrots
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts (optional)
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Grease bottom and sides of one 13x9-inch pan or two 8-inch or 9-inch round pans with shortening; lightly flour.
- In large bowl, beat granulated sugar, oil and eggs with electric mixer on low speed about 30 seconds or until blended.
- In a seperate bowl, add flour, cinnamon, baking soda and the salt; Whisk to combine.
- Add dry mixture into wet mixture a little at a time. Mix to combine.
- Add vanilla and stir in the carrots.
- Pour into pan(s).
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool rounds 10 minutes; remove from pans to cooling rack. Cool completely.
- Frost cakes. Serve and enjoy!