Our final assignment for the Youtube NextChefs was given to us by Top Chef Zac Young. He is so fabu!!!
He gave a great message about being yourself and challenging yourself to think outside of the box! Loved it!!
He challenged us to create a unique cookie that represented our personality. I was wondering how the heck was I gonna fit all of THIS into a cookie!! : )
So I finally came up with these stuffed peaches & cream cookie bites AKA “The All About Me Cookie” I think they sum me up pretty well. They are tiny, full of flavor and so fun!! They taste kinda like peach cobbler with ice cream meets peach crisp!
Watch me make these Stuffed Peaches & Cream Cookie Bites from start to finish!
- 1½ cup all purpose flour (may need a tad bit more)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 10 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup pureed peaches
- ½ cup fresh diced peaches (can use more)
- ¼ cup powdered sugar (can decrease if peaches are really sweet)
- CRUMB TOPPING
- ¼-1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup quick cooking oats (can add more if desire)
- ¼ cup brown sugar, packed
- ¼ cup white sugar, packed
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon (can use more or less)
- 4 tablespoon butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter with brown sugar.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla.
- Combine the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients.
- Stir just until combined.
- Place in the freezer for 10-15 minutes until partially frozen.
- In a medium bowl, mix the cream cheese, powdered sugar and peach puree until combined.
- Fold in the diced peaches. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine all of the crumb topping ingredients. Set aside.
- Spray nonstick mini muffin tins with baking spray.
- Remove partially frozen dough from freezer.
- Take about a tablespoon size of dough and flatten in out.
- Drop a small teaspoon amount of the peach mixture into the center of the dough.
- Fold the dough over, sealing the ends and then roll into a ball.
- Place into the muffin tin.
- Sprinkle the tops with crumb topping.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool in the pan. They will firm up as they cool.
- Remove from pan and enjoy.