I don’t know too many things that is as refreshing on sweltering days than a cold glass of homemade strawberry lemonade.
I’m talking pure, authentic strawberry lemonade. Not that artificial, bitter, chemically tasting stuff you get at most grocery stores.
This recipe hit the spot if you are searching for a strawberry lemonade recipe that is smooth, pure of artificial dyes, flavors, and concentrates. It’s sweet with just a nice hint of lemon.
|I like to freeze this strawberry lemonade partially so that it gets slushy and super cold. So good!!|
|Fresh, strawberries from the farmers market!|
(If you prefer a tart strawberry lemonade simply add more fresh lemon juice.)
Watch me make this strawberry lemonade recipe from start to finish!
- 2 cups water
- 1½- 2 cups sugar
- zest of 2 lemons
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice (about 6-8 lemons)
- 25 large, fresh strawberries
- 6-7 cold cups of water (more or less to suit your taste)
- Heat water in a large pot over medium heat.
- Stir in sugar, lemon zest, and lemon juice.
- Bring to a rapid boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Add fresh strawberries into food processor.
- Add ¼ cup of lemon mixture to the strawberries.
- Process on high until pureed.
- Strain lemon mixture into a pitcher.
- Strain strawberry pulp into the pitcher. (Don’t throw away the pulp. I use it to make berry yogurt popsicles)
- Stir in the cold water. Add more or less to suit your taste.
- Refrigerate or freeze until ice cold.
- Serve and enjoy!