It’s no surprise that I enjoy real fruit slushies so much because I LOVE eating frozen fruits. Always have. It’s like eating candy! They get so sweet when they’re frozen. Give me a bowl of frozen pineapple chunks or berries on a hot day and I’m content!
Not all fruits make good real fruit slushies though, but watermelon (and banana) is my all time favorite. This watermelon slushie has the best texture ever. It’s like a soft served-icey-slushie- texture. It’s also super easy to make, refreshing and won’t crash you’re diet like ice cream and regular syrup slushies can do.
It’s been so hot here that Isaac and I have been turning our slushies into popsicles!! He refuses to eat watermelon but for some reason loves these watermelon slushies when it’s turned into popsicles. I add a bit of white grape juice to make it sweeter for him.
Watch me make this Real Fruit Watermelon Slushies recipefrom start to finish!
- 1 seedless watermelon
- liquid ( water, juice, alcohol,)
- Cut watermelon in half.
- Scoop out the watermelon with a spoon or melon baller.
- Place the watermelon in a single layer on a baking tray.
- Freeze overnight or until completely frozen.
- Place frozen watermelon in a blender.
- Add a few drops of liquid if needed. Be careful not to add too much liquid during blending. Let the watermelon thaw out a little if won't blend.
- Blend until smooth.
- Serve immediately.
- Add a splash of juice or alcohol to the top is desired.
You can certainly add sugar if you like, but if you use ripe fruit you really don't need it at all.
This recipe makes a lot of slushies so I store the frozen watermelon in individual ziplock bags.
Mix it up!! I love making tropical real fruit slushies with pineapples, watermelon and cantaloupe!