I’m currently in the process of creating a “Lunch Ideas for Isaac” binder for the kitchen. For some reason we have the hardest time trying to decide what to have for lunch. Mainly because he’s just like his mama and not really into having dinner leftovers for lunch. We usually settle on some kind of sandwich or pizza. Yep lunchtime is pretty boring at our house.
Today there was a little excitement when we made these yummy pizza quesadillas. It was a fun change of pace and we all enjoyed these, even hubby. It is definitely going into the lunch folder. Isaac had so much fun dipping these cheesy pizza quesadillas and they were pretty much mess-free.
To keep it simple I just used cheese, pepperoni and onions since this is what Isaac likes on his pizza (and what I had on hand). When I make these again I will definitely grab some black olives, green peppers, fresh tomatoes and banana peppers for hubby and I. Yum!
Update: I made these again for lunch today and before I served them I lightly brushed the tortilla with the butter mixture again and sprinkled on parmesan cheese, garlic powder and oregano. It was so yummy. Tasted like garlic pizza crust.
- 3-4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning (can use more)
- 1 teaspoon parmesan cheese (can use more)
- 4 flour quesadillas (8 inch)
- mozzarella cheese
- pizza sauce
- Toppings ( pepperoni, onions, black olives, pineapples, sausage, peppers, etc)
- Stir together melted butter, minced garlic, italian seasoning, and grated parmesan cheese.
- Heat grill pan to medium heat.
- Brush tortilla with butter mixture and place buttered side down on grill pan.
- Spread on pizza sauce, cheese, onions and pepperoni.
- Cook until buttered side is golden.
- Fold tortilla over and press lightly.
- Cook for another minute.
- Place on a plate.
- Cut into thirds.
- Serve with dipping sauces like garlic butter, pizza sauce and ranch.