Wheeeew I’z tiiiiiiide! Not tired but tiiiiide! We got back from visiting the in-laws several days ago and I’m just now getting caught up on sleep, homeschool, cleaning, and all that jazz. Going on a “vacation” is definitely a chore with a super curious and freakishly mobile baby. My little Ethan doesn’t sleep good at all when he’s not in his own bed and I spent most of the time either A.) holding him since he’s cranky and clingy from lack of sleep or B.) chasing him around to make sure he isn’t eating something he shouldn’t or tearing something apart. Exhausting!!
I’m so looking forward to the days when a vacation will actually feel like a vacation (although I’m not rushing these precious baby years) When I got home I decided to give myself a little vacation from my vacation by kicking back with these frosty peach moscato wine slushies. It was heaven I tell ya and MUCH needed. Aren’t they gorg!?!
Every summer I usually have a “drink of choice”. Last year I was all about these real watermelon slushies but summer of 2014 belongs to wine slushies baby!!! These wine slushies are the stuff that good times are made out of my friends!! Super simple too and they taste waaaaay better then those wine slush powder mixes you get from the store. Just grab a bottle of your favorite sweet dessert wine, some fresh fruit, sugar and boom!!! Within a few hours you’ll be on your own mini vacation as well.
It is wrong that I’ve made them in a gazillion flavor combinations already? I just love having a little frosty adult treat waiting for me whenever I want it. Just pop out the lil cubes, blend and it’s ready
I couldn’t decide for the life of me which one to present to you guys because honestly you can’t go wrong with any dessert wine and your favorite fruit but Peach Moscato is definitely one of my favs!! You can get really creative and tropical and mix a variety of different fruits together if you wish.
But let me warn you… ONCE YOU MAKE THAT FIRST BATCH YOU WILL CONTINUE TO MAKE THEM….OFTEN!! Matter of fact I have two freezer bags full of wine slushie ice cubes right now in strawberry peach and raspberry lime flavors.
You will think of any reason to make them; pool parties, cookouts, girls night, book clubs, reality tv treat, whatever!!! These wine slushies are sexy, delicious, addictive, fun, festive, and perfect for any occasion or no occasion at all.
I’m so looking forward to my next cookout so I can stash the freezer with all different flavors and colors of wine slushies cubes. This totally beats having to mix up a ton of different cocktails.
Watch me make these Peach Moscato Wine Slushies from start to finish!
Moscato Peach Wine Slushies
By Divas Can Cook
- 1 bottle Moscato Wine (750ml) (I used Barefoot brand) plus more for blending *see note
- 2 cups frozen peaches (unsweetened)
- ½ cup powdered sugar (can cut back but it needs to be pretty sweet)
- Add frozen peaches, sugar and a few splashes of moscato to food processor or blender.
- Blend until completely smooth.
- Pour in the rest of the moscato and blend until incorporated.
- Quickly pour mixture into ice cube trays. (stir if peaches begin to settle on the bottom of blender jar)
- Place frozen cubes in a blender. ( I never measure them out. I just toss a handful in and add more if I need it)
- Add a splash of wine to make blending easier.
- Blend until slush consistency, adding a splash of wine to thin it out if needed.
- Pour into wine glasses, add a straw (if desired) and serve immediately.
- Garnish with fresh fruit like strawberries and peach slices
ADD ice! If you like for your slushies to have those tiny little ice chips then throw in a few ice cubes and a little bit more wine!