Aaaaah yes, zucchini bread. The spicy, sweet smell of this easy, quick bread baking brings back fond summertime childhood memories. I still have the image in my head of grandma proudly going out to her bountiful garden in that big, brown straw hat with that heavy basket propped on her hip, ready to gather up fresh zucchini.
She made lots of great recipes with zucchini but one of my favorites was her fresh, homemade moist zucchini bread. Grandmother made the best zucchini breads and everybody knew it. She’d start either early in the day or late at night because she didn’t like to turn on the hot oven for an hour. She made loaves for neighbors, church gatherings and whoever else came by. I remember the insurance man coming by one day and him happily leaving with a loaf wrapped in saran wrap.
Even if you hate zucchini, you will love this bread! It is sweet with a hint of spice from the cinnamon and ginger. The outside is golden and tender and the inside is super moist and dense. I love it right from the oven, room temperature and even cold. One slice always follows another in my house.
I hope that you enjoy this moist zucchini bread recipe as much as I do!
Grandma’s Moist Zucchini Bread
Moist Zucchini Bread Recipe
By Divas Can Cook
- (makes 2 loaves) 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-3 cups grated zucchini
- 1 cup chopped walnut or pecans (optional)
- In a large bowl combine, flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger.
- Whisk until combined. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, add white sugar and oil. Mix until creamy.
- Mix in brown sugar, eggs, & vanilla.
- Add the dry mixture into the wet mixture and stir until combined.
- Grate the zucchini and fold it into the batter.
- Pour batter
in toa greaseand floured loaf pans.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes in a 325 degree preheated oven.