I am NOT a summer girl. I don’t take well to heat at all. It makes me mean, irritable and frustrated. Therefore I haven’t looked forward to summer since I was in high school, but right now…I LOVE IT!!
Watch me make this easy, fresh, homemade mixed berry cobbler recipe from start to finish!
Mixed Berry Cobbler Recipe
By Divas Can Cook
Recipe type: cobbler
- 3 cups of fresh mixed berries (frozen berries are okay if thawed)
- 1¼ cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 stick of butter, melted
- Preheat Oven to 375 F.
- Grease a 9 x 9-inch square pan with butter
- Add mixed berries and ¾ cup sugar in a bowl.
- Stir and let sit until juices form (about 10-15 minutes) Set aside;
- In a bowl, sift flour, remaining sugar, baking powder, & salt.
- Add milk.
- Give it a stir to combine all ingredients.
- Stir in the melted butter.
- Pour batter into the pan.
- Drop the blackberries right on top of the batter. Don't worry about doing this pretty or trying to get all the dough covered up.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes or until crust is golden.
- Let cool for at least 10 minutes.