I have been dying to use my melon baller again after using it for my drunken melon balls recipe. I’d been eyeing this melon ball punch for a long time on Pinterest and with this intense heat we’ve been having, it was time to give her a go! ( with a little tweaking of course ; )
If summertime could be bottled up it would taste exactly like this melon ball punch. This punch just screams lazy summer days in the country.
Maybe because it’s bursting with melon-liciousness (love that word) and it’s paired up with tart lime slices and fresh mint leaves, flavors that just compliment each other so well. Oh FYI: Now don’t you go letting the taste of the plain drink alone scare you off when you first mix it up like I did.
Let me tell ya, when I first mixed this melon ball punch up in the pitcher I was not impressed…. AT ALL. Yes it was good but not something I’d rush to make again. My recipe critic husband was all like….”um…yeah it’s ok. I mean it’s not nasty if that’s what you’re asking”. But then when I added the frozen melon balls, mint leaves, and lime wedges…HELLOOOOO FLAVOR!!! Wow who would have thunk that those ingredients could awaken this punch so much! It’s like a virgin white sangria!
The melon balls and mint leaves give off their flavors pretty quick and it’s definitely the missing piece to this flavor combination. The mint leaves add that touch of coolness that goes GREAT with the other flavors. So whatever you do, DO NOT SKIP THE MELONS & MINT LEAVES . Promise me!
This melon ball punch would be GREAT for brunches, baby showers, weddings, etc. It presents very well don’t you think? And we thought it was pretty darn fun having colorful little melon balls in our drink to snack on when we were done. Especially since they were slightly frozen and had soaked up all that yummy punch.
Make up a test batch to take poolside with ya. You’ll see that the flavors just gets better and better as it sits. It’s so refreshing that it got guzzled up pretty fast around here though.
Light, fizzy, perfectly sweetened, refreshing and crisp, yep that pretty much sums it up. Make it!
Watch me make this melon ball punch from start to finish!
Melon Ball Punch
By Divas Can Cook
- 25.4 oz Sparkling white grape juice
- 2 cups clear lemon lime flavored soda (I used Sprite)
- 1 cup lemonade (I used Simply)
- 1 small ripe watermelon
- 1 small ripe cantaloupe
- 1 small ripe honeydew melon
- fresh mint leaves
- 2 limes, sliced, plus more for garnish if desired
- In a pitcher stir together grape juice, soda and lemonade.
- Place in the fridge to chill.
- Use a melon baller to scoop out the flesh of the watermelon, cantaloupe, and honeydew melon.
- Place melon balls on a cookie sheet lined with foil.
- Once frozen add a few cups of melons balls to pitcher along with fresh mint leaves and slices of lime.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to blend.
- Serve cold using additional frozen melon balls as ice cubes.
- Garnish glasses with lime slice and mint leaf.