I’m not a big fan of potato soup or so I thought. When I was preggers I got a weird craving for it even though I’d never tasted a good recipe for it. I started playing around with a few recipes I found online until I got it just the way I wanted it and now…..I’m in LOVE!!!
As soon as the weather starts to get cooler (which is now!) I break out this potato soup recipe. I dare any potato soup lover/hater not to like it.
This potato soup is so comforting and flavorful. I mean seriously, can you really go wrong with smoked sausage, potatoes, spinach, onions and garlic????? All combined with creamy cream cheese, chicken broth and smokey spices to make a soup that is out of this world good! Always a pleaser at pot lucks (be prepared to give out the recipe or just direct them to my site! (smile)
I like to pair this up with buttered & toasted french bread and a big ol’ green salad. Easy, quick, and comforting meal for those fall and winter evenings.
Creamy Sausage & Spinach Potato Soup
- 4 russet potatoes
- 8 oz Smoked turkey dinner sausage
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach leaves
- ½ small white or yellow onion
- 2 gloves garlic
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 8 oz cream cheese, cubed
- few dashes pepper
- few dashes salt
- few dashes of liquid smoke
- few dashes of smoked paprika (regular paprika will work)
- Step 1.) Poke holes into potatoes with a fork and microwave for 20 minutes or until tender.
- Step 2.) Dice up sausage, spinach, onion, & garlic.
- Step 3.) Heat olive oil in large saucepan, add in chopped ingredients. Saute over med-high heat until tender. Set aside. Step 4.) Slice potatoes in half and spoon the insides into a pot. Mash until fluffy.
- Step 5.) Add in broth and cream cheese. Stir over medium heat until cream cheese has melted.
- Step 6.) Add in the sauteed ingredients.
- Step 6.) Add in pepper, salt, liquid smoke and paprika.
- Step 7.) Stir to combine. Enjoy!