My grandma rocks on so many levels. Even though I’m grown and out of the house I still look forward to going out of town to grandmas. She still baby’s and spoils me rotten.
I swear everything her hands create tastes soooo freakin good, including her cream cheese pound cake (my favorite kind of pound cake).
I could just sit in her southern kitchen and watch her cook all day long. When I went to visit this past weekend I asked if she could make me a cream cheese pound cake and with a smile she said “why sure”. I wasn’t expecting it right that minute but she went into the kitchen and whipped this pound cake up like it was nothing.
What I adore about my grandma’s cream cheese pound cake recipe is that it bakes up incredibly moist and soft. The texture is so velvet-like and don’t even get me started on that soft, golden “crisp” that the outside has. Mercy. I hope that you enjoy this recipe as much as my entire family has over the years.
|If you were to stop by, you wouldn’t leave without being forced to eat something!
Gotta love that lady
|It should be a sin for a pound cake to be this divine!|
|I love my grandmother’s nurturing, hard working hands|
Watch my grandma make this cream cheese pound cake from start to finish!
Grandma's Makes Cream Cheese Pound Cake
By Divas Can Cook
Recipe type: dessert, cake
- (all ingredients should be room tempt)
- 3 sticks real butter (unsalted)
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 6 large eggs
- 3 cups sugar, sifted
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 3 cups cake flour (can use all-purpose flour if you sift it really well)
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- Cream together butter and cream cheese.
- Add in 3 eggs one at a time mixing for 1 minute after each egg.
- Mix in half of the sugar until combined.
- Add in the rest of the sugar, mixing well.
- Add the other 3 eggs one at a time. Mix for 1 minute after each egg.
- Mix in the vanilla extract and lemon extract.
- Add in half the flour and baking powder.
- Mix well and then mix in the rest of the flour.
- Spoon the batter into a greased and floured bundt pan.
- Swirl a knife in the batter to release air.
- Place into oven and turn the oven to 325. Do not preheat the oven with this recipe.
- Bake for 1 ½ hours. Baking time may vary depending on your oven.
- Let cool, remove from pan and serve.
- Use fresh, quality ingredients when possible.
- All ingredients should be at room temperature before you start.
- This pound cake make cooker quicker or slower in certain ovens so be sure to keep an eye on it.
- Don’t take shortcut with the mixing! Everything must be completely mixed. These steps are the most important when creating pound cake.
- Be sure to add one egg at a time and mix for 1 minute after each egg or until it is well combined.
- Do not preheat the oven for this pound cake recipe. It should start in a cold oven.
- Measure everything carefully and precisely
- Be sure to scrape down the bottom and sides of the bowl while mixing.
- Keep the oven door closed while baking
- When the cake is done, it will spring back slightly when touched.
- Cool the pound cake on a wire rack of about 15 minutes before removing it from the pan.