“Chewy, chocolatey giant cookie! An easy and quick recipe that’s kid-approved!”
Watch me make this giant chocolate cookie from start to finish!
It’s pizza night!!!! Do you have pizza nights in your house? Truth be told, pizza night is my way of being lazy with menu planning. Along with taco night and spaghetti night. Yeah, we have pizza, tacos, and spaghetti like…every week. I do try to change it up a bit though.
On pizza nights, sometimes we make this quick and easy pizza recipe from scratch and sometimes we order from a local pizza shop.
Either way, whenever we have pizza it is a law that we MUST MUST MUST have a dessert pizza aka a giant cookie to go with it!! I actually prefer making one giant cookie over a bunch of small ones! It’s quick, easy and I don’t have to worry about making several batches. Just mix it all up and press it into a pizza pan. Done!
And who doesn’t like a giant cookie?!? My boys absolutely love them! Slice it up like pizza and top with ice cream for a delicious dessert.
Today I’m making this chewy, super chocolatey chocolate cookie! It’s like a chocolate flavored chocolate chip cookies with a hint of brownie vibes. This giant chocolate cookie is so soft and chewy! If you’re really feeling naughty top it with caramel syrup or vanilla, strawberry or chocolate ice cream….or all three if ya feeling adventurous! I’m game!
Be careful not to overbake this monster. It really doesn’t take much time at all. 7-8 minutes top and maybe not even that long so check it at the 5-minute mark. The key to getting this cookie super chewy is to take it out of the oven before it’s done and let it continue cooking while cooling off in the pan.
There are so many ways to tweak this chocolate cookie. Throw in some nuts, add some colorful M&M, use peanut butter chips or drizzle in white chocolate. The sky is the limit so have some fun here.
I prefer it loaded with CHOCOLATE! The more the better! I’m using a mix of dark chocolate and semi-sweet. All that chocolate is the perfect canvas for a huge dollop of vanilla ice cream!
- 12 tablespoons butter, softened
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup white granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 12/ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- ¼ cups dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Line a pizza pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl cream together butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar.
- Mix in egg and egg yolk.
- Mix in vanilla extract. Set aside.
- In a medium-size bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, salt and unsweetened cocoa powder until well combined.
- Combined dry ingredients into wet ingredients, stirring until a dough forms.
- Fold in ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Press dough into prepared pizza pan. (flour hands if dough is too sticky)
- Press dark chocolate chips lightly into the dough.
- Bake on middle rack for 6-8 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool on pan.
- Once the cookie has cooled, melt remaining ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips and drizzle over cookie.
- Let cool until chocolate is is firm.
- Slice and serve topped with ice cream.